PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Roger Chandler
07-24-2010, 8:54 PM
Okay,
Now that I know what WOW is, next question is how do you get an invite. Does one have to turn something the caliber of Keeton's last BLM Burl NE?

Are all other turnings considered "riff-raff?" Just my luck even asking such a question might guarantee I might never get an invitation?

How does one know, unless one asks?

Steve Schlumpf
07-24-2010, 8:55 PM
Roger,

PM sent.

David DeCristoforo
07-24-2010, 9:01 PM
OK... You're one up on me. I give.... What is WOW?

Roger Chandler
07-24-2010, 9:05 PM
OK... You're one up on me. I give.... What is WOW?

David,

You have to ask Steve or John K.

David E Keller
07-24-2010, 9:09 PM
Just my luck even asking such a question might guarantee I might never get an invitation?

It's worse than that... I actually think there may be a team of nasty commando types on their way to your house right now. I think WoW is actually the reincarnation of Treadstone from the Bourne movies. I've already said too much:eek:...

Roger Chandler
07-24-2010, 9:51 PM
It's worse than that... I actually think there may be a team of nasty commando types on their way to your house right now. I think WoW is actually the reincarnation of Treadstone from the Bourne movies. I've already said too much:eek:...

David,

:eek::p:p:p

John Hart
07-24-2010, 9:53 PM
Oh sheesh...Wow is a forum that was created by a nice guy named Herm. It is fairly low-keyed, created through Myfamily dot com...and requires an invitation because they want to keep the riff-raff out. I think the so-called "private" nature of it gives it the illusion that it is elitist. But the fact is...it is comprised of turners...many of whom are members at the Creek and everywhere else.

I talked to Herm one day through email because I tripped over his personal site. I didn't know who he was...it was just a nice homey personal site with some turnings and home-news. So I wrote to say "Nice website".

We traded emails a couple times and he invited me to wow. And he never saw one of my turnings, I never told him I was a turner....as far as he knew....I just liked websites with wooden things in them.

So...the mystique is unwarranted.

But...there are some pretty cool pieces on it....but the same pieces are also here.

Roger Chandler
07-24-2010, 9:55 PM
Oh sheesh...Wow is a forum that was created by a nice guy named Herm. It is fairly low-keyed, created through Myfamily dot com...and requires an invitation because they want to keep the riff-raff out. I think the so-called "private" nature of it gives it the illusion that it is elitist. But the fact is...it is comprised of turners...many of whom are members at the Creek and everywhere else.

I talked to Herm one day through email because I tripped over his personal site. I didn't know who he was...it was just a nice homey personal site with some turnings and home-news. So I wrote to say "Nice website".

We traded emails a couple times and he invited me to wow. And he never saw one of my turnings, I never told him I was a turner....as far as he knew....I just liked websites with wooden things in them.

So...the mystic is unwarranted.

But...there are some pretty cool pieces on it....but the same pieces are also here.

John,

Shhhhh! :D

David E Keller
07-24-2010, 10:00 PM

So...the mystique is unwarranted.

Don't believe a word of it... All part of a grand cover-up.:cool:

John Hart
07-24-2010, 10:03 PM
heh heh heh :p

James Roberts
07-25-2010, 6:45 PM
The wood they turn is from what is now called "the grassy knoll"; also, Area 51 used to be covered in lush forest land, at least until the existence of WOW was first reported. Pretty spooky, huh?

Gary Max
07-26-2010, 6:51 AM
I need to get out more----I can't even find WOW

Michelle Rich
07-26-2010, 7:07 AM
:cool:WoW..if John Keeton & I can get Picture of the Day, why can't the rest of the riif raff get in? :D:DWe fooled them, eh?;) Just shows what sneaky old people can do...commandos both!!!!:p

John Keeton
07-26-2010, 7:19 AM
You all are so OFF BASE!!!:confused:

WOW has nothing to do with skill, or the wood we use. It is all about.................................the secret handshake!!:D;):D We are all sworn to secrecy on the intimate details. The handshake and moral code are all passed on by verbal communication - nothing is written down for security purposes.:cool:
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Creatures_and_Cartoons/Smurfs/Handshake.gif

Roger Chandler
07-26-2010, 8:00 AM
You all are so OFF BASE!!!:confused:

WOW has nothing to do with skill, or the wood we use. It is all about.................................the secret handshake!!:D;):D We are all sworn to secrecy on the intimate details. The handshake and moral code are all passed on by verbal communication - nothing is written down for security purposes.:cool:
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Creatures_and_Cartoons/Smurfs/Handshake.gif

John,

You could tell us, but then you would have to kill us all!:eek: :D Bummer! BTW, I did get an invite, and have been the twice already!

David E Keller
07-26-2010, 8:23 AM
WOW has nothing to do with skill, or the wood we use. It is all about.................................the secret handshake!

I knew it! I knew there was a secret handshake!:p

I'm more worried about the initiation process with the blindfolds and that poor goat.:eek:

Gary Max
07-26-2010, 8:49 AM
And here I thought you had to have "The Secret Decoder Ring"

Jeff Nicol
07-26-2010, 9:05 AM
I don't think they let in semi-chubby bald guys with more wood than brains into such secret societies! It must be like the Knights Templar or something along those lines, I am sure of it! So I must live vicariously through the great masters of "WOW" and all this time I thought WOW was short for "World of Warcraft" I must live under a rock, well I do sort of look like a troll so maybe it is a bridge and not a rock!

Have a great day oh great ones,

Jeff

Tom Sherman
07-26-2010, 9:32 AM
Back when I was turning regularly, I too had access to WOW but it has been so long since I've been there I can't remember what my password was. And the secret handshake has probably been changed.

John Hart
07-26-2010, 9:38 AM
.....And the secret handshake has probably been changed.

It was changed while you were there Tom. What? No one told you? heh heh heh.:cool:

Tom Sherman
07-26-2010, 9:41 AM
So that's what happened. I didn't do it ... what ever 'it' was.

Gary Max
07-26-2010, 10:12 AM
I don't think they let in semi-chubby bald guys with more wood than brains into such secret societies! It must be like the Knights Templar or something along those lines, I am sure of it! So I must live vicariously through the great masters of "WOW" and all this time I thought WOW was short for "World of Warcraft" I must live under a rock, well I do sort of look like a troll so maybe it is a bridge and not a rock!

Have a great day oh great ones,

Jeff

Jeff---- if old fat guys can't get invited it must be a small group.

Bernie Weishapl
07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Jeff---- if old fat guys can't get invited it must be a small group.

ROFLOL Gary I just about spewed coffee all over my keyboard.