PDA

View Full Version : CAD for woodworking

Rob Strause
12-06-2004, 2:45 PM
Hi all,

I read an article not too long ago reviewing several CAD programs for woodworkers. That seemed like a good idea, but one of the biggest values to me would be for the program to output cut diagrams. Do any of you have experience with programs that can produce that kind of output and if so, has it been useful. or not worth the effort?

Thanks,
Rob

Jim Becker
12-06-2004, 3:53 PM
CutlistPlus is a great program and is specifically designed to help you with cutting diagrams and material optimization. It is not a CAD program, however, so you still need to do your take-offs and enter them into the application to produce the cutting diagrams and listings.

Rob Strause
12-06-2004, 5:04 PM
Thanks Jim. You've been the source of a lot of good information. It's appreciated.

Rob

John Gregory
12-08-2004, 1:03 PM
Cut list plus is an excellent program. Great value for the dollar. I think that it can import some data from some CAD programs. Check their site (http://cutlistplus.com/Default.aspx) for sure. Learning CAD in on my "To Do" list.

Rob Strause
12-08-2004, 4:56 PM
Thanks John. Learning CAD is easier than you'd think. Just have a specific and fairly straight-forward design in mind to learn with and sit down with a program for a few hours. I know, finding the few hours is tough, but it will come quickly with use. Emphasis on with use. Not something you can read about and do.

good luck