PDA

View Full Version : computer help

Mike Evertsen
12-06-2004, 1:50 PM
I used a sandisk card reader before I bought my new computer with card slots. I gave my brother the card reader with my old digital camera. now for the problem he is running a hp computer like my old one I had the card reader on it down loads the software for the reader ok but when I insert the card it don't open. I brought the reader home installed it back on my old hp it works fine. they are both running 98 OS,both hp's any ideas why it will works on mine and not on his?

Peter Stahl
12-07-2004, 6:32 AM
I used a sandisk card reader before I bought my new computer with card slots. I gave my brother the card reader with my old digital camera. now for the problem he is running a hp computer like my old one I had the card reader on it down loads the software for the reader ok but when I insert the card it don't open. I brought the reader home installed it back on my old hp it works fine. they are both running 98 OS,both hp's any ideas why it will works on mine and not on his?

Mike,

For some reason my card reader won't see the disk unless I have it in the card reader when I boot the PC up. I also had trouble loading my card reader software. Sent the vendor a email and told me to go into the Device Manager and see if the device for the card reader had a yellow exclamation next to it. If so delete it, reboot and windows will reinstall it again. Do this by memoryand my memory sucks so if I think of it when I go home I'll see if I have the email.

Pete

Dan Mages
12-07-2004, 7:37 AM

When you say it won't open, are you saying that a window will not open with the contents of the card? That is a new feature with Windows XP. If you open My Computer, you should see the an option for a removable disk drive. That will be the memory card.

Dan

Peter Stahl
12-07-2004, 9:38 AM
When you say it won't open, are you saying that a window will not open with the contents of the card? That is a new feature with Windows XP. If you open My Computer, you should see the an option for a removable disk drive. That will be the memory card.

Dan

Dan,

Does Windows 2000 do the same thing? If I don't boot with the card in the card reader it doesn't show up in Explorer.

Pete