PDA

View Full Version : Who do they think they're kidding with this stuff???

Mitchell Andrus
07-21-2010, 5:59 PM
I took a few pictures at the grocery store.

What the ....

I will note that the package contains the lower number of rolls, of course.

Maybe we should all switch to another brand until they stop assuming we're stooopid.

Eric DeSilva
07-21-2010, 6:22 PM
What is the problem? Apparently:

1 Big = 1.25 Regulars
1 Giant = 1.5 Regulars = 1.2 Bigs
1 Huge = 2.5 Regulars = 2 Bigs = 1.67 Giants.

Although I will say I had no idea Huge was bigger than Giant.

Mitchell Andrus
07-21-2010, 6:33 PM
1 Big = 1.25 Regulars

You musta finished high school.

Joel Goodman
07-21-2010, 9:30 PM
I think I'll tell my boss I worked a "Huge" week -- no overtime -- just "Huge" and get a bump in my paycheck!

Mitchell Andrus
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I think I'll tell my boss I worked a "Huge" week -- no overtime -- just "Huge" and get a bump in my paycheck!

Yea, but do you sop up spills faster than the bargain employee?

Jim Rimmer
07-22-2010, 2:15 PM
I guess we nned to start carrying conversion charts for huge, big, giant, etc. On the back they could put the small, medium, large equivalency charts for grande, venti and whatever else Starbucks uses.

Mike Cruz
07-22-2010, 3:17 PM
I refuse to buy that brand! Until they come out with Ginormous...then I'll buy it. ;)

Mitchell Andrus
07-22-2010, 3:57 PM
I refuse to buy that brand! Until they come out with Ginormous...then I'll buy it. ;)

The Chinese have a prototype ready for testing:

David G Baker
07-22-2010, 4:11 PM
I buy the Bounty Giant rolls in the 8 pack. I love the fact that they have the 1/2 sheet perforations so I don't use as much paper. I also buy Charmin Ultra toilet tissue. What was the saying that PT Barnum said on occasion?

Dan Hintz
07-22-2010, 4:57 PM
LOL, you and I must shop at the same stores, David... I refuse to let Amy buy anything other than the Charmin Ultra (she's the self-admitted stereotypical cheap Jew and will purchase anything that is on sale or she has a coupon for), and I try to nudge her towards the 1/2-sheet Bounty when I'm in the aisle.

glenn bradley
07-22-2010, 5:26 PM

1 Big = 1.25 Regulars

How many BOBs is that???

David G Baker
07-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Dan H,
Sam's Club and Wal-Mart are my regular stops when shopping for paper products. I have found that if I can find coupons for products that I use then I go for it. I am a pretty frugal shopper myself and found that the Bounty and Charmin are probably a good buy in the quantity that I purchase them in. I find that the cheap stuff is exactly that, cheap and in many cases sub-standard.

Rick Markham
07-23-2010, 3:02 AM
I buy the Bounty Giant rolls in the 8 pack. I love the fact that they have the 1/2 sheet perforations so I don't use as much paper. I also buy Charmin Ultra toilet tissue. What was the saying that PT Barnum said on occasion?

He spoke the truth: "There's a sucker born every minute!" :D

Lloyd Kerry
07-23-2010, 9:29 PM
...wow, it's really big (my workshop), it's not the same as wow! it's huge?? :confused:

John Coloccia
07-23-2010, 10:13 PM
This is what the typical shopper will hear if they're anywhere near me in a supermarket when I'm on the phone with my wife.

"I love you too, babe.
Uh huh. Yep, gottem.
What about toilet paper? There's about five thousand different....
...Which?
Bears? I don't see any bears...
Cute bears?
...wait....uhm, are dogs OK? I have a couple of...
....only bears. OK. OHHHHHHH. I see the bears....
...yes they are cute.
Do I get the one with the two bears or the one with the big bear floating on a cloud?
...picnic bears?
I think they're out of picnic .....OH! I see them. Thanks love!
Okay, now just hang out for a second. I'm walking towards the cereal isle..."

Buying toilet paper, paper towels, cereal etc should NOT BE THIS DIFFICULT.

Mitchell Andrus
07-24-2010, 7:32 AM

Maybe you don't remember when there were about 10 color choices too.

pink, blue, yellow, white, white with blue flowers, pink with little blue flowers, ....

Curt Harms
07-24-2010, 8:09 AM
This is what the typical shopper will hear if they're anywhere near me in a supermarket when I'm on the phone with my wife.

"I love you too, babe.
Uh huh. Yep, gottem.
What about toilet paper? There's about five thousand different....
...Which?
Bears? I don't see any bears...
Cute bears?
...wait....uhm, are dogs OK? I have a couple of...
....only bears. OK. OHHHHHHH. I see the bears....
...yes they are cute.
Do I get the one with the two bears or the one with the big bear floating on a cloud?
...picnic bears?
I think they're out of picnic .....OH! I see them. Thanks love!
Okay, now just hang out for a second. I'm walking towards the cereal isle..."

:D :D

The REAL reason we have cell phones. :p

Ruhi Arslan
07-24-2010, 9:37 AM
I buy paper products after completing a complete per piece cost analysis and comparing to per square inch usable dimensions to determine efficiency factor. :p

How do you like those "giant" cereal boxes that have about only one third is used for the product.

Mitchell Andrus
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
I buy paper products after completing a complete per piece cost analysis and comparing to per square inch usable dimensions to determine efficiency factor. :p

How do you like those "giant" cereal boxes that have about only one third is used for the product.

As is true for the information posted on this forum, so it is for cereal:

Sold by weight, not volume.

Jim Rimmer
07-24-2010, 5:18 PM

Mitch, I think on this forum it is just the reverse.

Mitchell Andrus
07-24-2010, 5:34 PM
Mitch, I think on this forum it is just the reverse.

That's true for most of the threads I start, anyway.

Steve Clardy
07-25-2010, 5:49 PM
Anyone notice how Folgers has recently shrunk the bigger cans of coffee? Not even 2 pounds now.

Ruhi Arslan
07-25-2010, 6:27 PM

I was thinking wasted paper to make the larger than necessary sized box.

Guy Roland
07-25-2010, 6:50 PM

This is funny, I was a loyal Bounty user for years, because I perceived they were better quality. I go through about six to eight rolls a week, I buy the big packs 12 rolls per bundle. I stopped buying them when they came out with the split sheets as I felt I wasted more when a half sheet tore instead of the full sheet I wanted and was used to.

Bill Cunningham
07-25-2010, 9:45 PM
Just a word of advice!! If your on a septic system, DON'T use the Charmin TP. It's too tough to break down quickly enough to prevent clogs. It's like flushing rags, and they will hang up on any grease or foreign object in the pipe walls, and may take forever to actually break down in the system itself.. If your system is sluggish, and your using Charmin, you may end up out in the woods squatting over a log, along with the bears they use to advertise it!:rolleyes:

Dave Lehnert
07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Anyone notice how Folgers has recently shrunk the bigger cans of coffee? Not even 2 pounds now.

A big giant box store is well know to offer national brand products in smaller amounts but in the same size package. Thats how people "Think" they are getting a better price from them.
The coffee you speak of is one of the items they do.

Guy Mathews
07-27-2010, 6:41 AM

Walmart carries a Ginormous Wallet for all of you guys that are working huge weekends and getting giant bumps in your pay! LMAO!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ducti-Ginormous-Wallet/12187357

Belinda Barfield
07-27-2010, 7:20 AM

"I love you too, babe. "

John, do you ever shop in Savannah? LOL.

Last Sunday while in the produce department I stopped my cart by a gentleman who was on his cell phone, although I didn't realize it at the time. It's hard to tell sometimes, you know? He says, "Hey, do you think the broccoli is fresh?" I replied, "Yes." and he gave me a somewhat funny look. Not nearly as funny as the one I gave him though when he replied back to me, "Okay, I love you." :D

I'm a get in and get out kind of shopper. Last Sunday I was on aisle 3 and got behind the lady with the huge cart who was moving a snail's pace, all the while talking on the phone to one of her girlfriends. Trust me, we don't need to know what her doctor prescribed for that nasty infection she was discussing in detail. :eek:

Put the phones down shoppers, buy the giant papertowels with the pink bunnies and move on. LOL . . .

Dan Hintz
07-27-2010, 7:26 AM
Belinda,

My SO rides the bus into D.C. every day for work, and some people don't quite get the etiquette of early-morning bus rides (e.g., no cell phone calls, except in emergencies). She knew one gentleman so well, she could tell you his new baby's name, who in his family was getting a divorce and why, what rash his wife had and how it was progressing, etc.

Some people just don't get it...

Jason Roehl
07-27-2010, 9:14 AM
"Less noise, more poise..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcF95L6Tv-0

Jim Rimmer
07-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Walmart carries a Ginormous Wallet for all of you guys that are working huge weekends and getting giant bumps in your pay! LMAO!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ducti-Ginormous-Wallet/12187357
Did you read the Product Details? It says it's made of duct tape and PVC. :eek:

Jerome Hanby
07-27-2010, 10:59 AM

1 Big = 1.25 Regulars

We worked out a similar usage for fantasy gaming. "Giant" preceding the noun (Giant Ant) is smaller than "Giant following what would usually be the noun (Fire Giant).

As a corollary, if you have "Giant" on both ends (Giant Fire Giant), then you are in really big (pun intended) trouble.

Mike Cruz
07-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't they know that PVC can explode under pressure?

Dan Hintz
07-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I was thinking more about the toxic PVC fumes created from burning... trying to hold those smoking credit cards is a chore.

Bill Cunningham
07-31-2010, 11:54 PM

That's just to get used to the screwing over everyone will get when Obama announces the U.S. going to the metric system just to be in step with Europe and the rest of the world... :eek:

Jerome Hanby
08-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Actually I think the "screwing over" took place when we backed off adopting the metric system years ago. Not everything (or nearly anything for that matter) is better because they do it "over there", but the metric system clearly is. Twenty (or more) down years down the line we would all be thinking metric and most of our non-antique tools would have been updated with metric versions. We'd be stuck with converting systems to use our older tools, but we're stuck with that now for our newer tools (how many mm is about 1/4"?)...

That's just to get used to the screwing over everyone will get when Obama announces the U.S. going to the metric system just to be in step with Europe and the rest of the world... :eek:

John Coloccia
08-01-2010, 11:02 AM
My dirty little secret: I'm starting to convert all of my measurements over to metric. Imperial is just downright silly and completely random.

Jerome Hanby
08-01-2010, 6:07 PM
No that's interesting. In the master bath, it often stops and needs a plunge or two to clear the toilet. The nightmare is the powder room and jack and jill bathroom that are back to back, we constantly have problems with them. I've been blaming it on one of the kids flushing a toy or similar and dreading having to open the clean out plugs. What the best (or better) to use instead of Charmin. Been buying it mostly because Sams sells the big packs...

Just a word of advice!! If your on a septic system, DON'T use the Charmin TP. It's too tough to break down quickly enough to prevent clogs. It's like flushing rags, and they will hang up on any grease or foreign object in the pipe walls, and may take forever to actually break down in the system itself.. If your system is sluggish, and your using Charmin, you may end up out in the woods squatting over a log, along with the bears they use to advertise it!:rolleyes:

Mike Cruz
08-01-2010, 9:23 PM
Hmmmmm, I'm on septic and use two ply, quilted, cushy whatever. I get what is softest for my back end. Never a problem. Stopped up toilets? Well, yeah, sometimes...but it isn't the TP that is causing the problem. :eek: If you are having problems, I believe it is more likely an issue with your pipes than the TP.

Jason Roehl
08-01-2010, 9:59 PM
...or it could be an issue with your diet! :eek:

Bill Cunningham
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Hmmmmm, I'm on septic and use two ply, quilted, cushy whatever. I get what is softest for my back end. Never a problem. Stopped up toilets? Well, yeah, sometimes...but it isn't the TP that is causing the problem. :eek: If you are having problems, I believe it is more likely an issue with your pipes than the TP.

We use quilted/cushy too, but Charmin is downright tough! If you need TP that is that tough, it just might be your diet.. :D

Jim Rimmer
08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Actually I think the "screwing over" took place when we backed off adopting the metric system years ago. Not everything (or nearly anything for that matter) is better because they do it "over there", but the metric system clearly is. Twenty (or more) down years down the line we would all be thinking metric and most of our non-antique tools would have been updated with metric versions. We'd be stuck with converting systems to use our older tools, but we're stuck with that now for our newer tools (how many mm is about 1/4"?)...

My dirty little secret: I'm starting to convert all of my measurements over to metric. Imperial is just downright silly and completely random.

Are you guys in the wrong thread? :confused::D