PDA

View Full Version : A good spray adhesive

Chris Daigh
12-06-2004, 1:32 PM
I need to attach some small paper patterns to some boards. Is there a good spray adhesive that won't cause problems with the wood after I am done.

David Wilson
12-06-2004, 2:20 PM
I've had good luck with the cheap elmers product.

Hank Walczak
12-06-2004, 2:20 PM
Chris - I use 3M adhesive spray on scroll patterns with good results. Spray the paper, wait a few seconds (~10) and then apply to the wood. You can then sand the paper off the wood or peal it off. I also use clear packaging tape on top of the paper to keep the cut lines clean and it also helps lube the scroll saw blade too.

Jim O'Dell
12-06-2004, 2:24 PM
Chrus, go to a craft store. It seems that there is a spray adhesive that is not permanent, but I don't remember who makes it. Jim.

Dave Moran
12-06-2004, 2:32 PM
I agree with Hank, 3M 77 temporary or permanant depending on if you let it dry 5 min, or within 15 seconds after spraying.

Dave

Richard McComas
12-06-2004, 2:50 PM
I need to attach some small paper patterns to some boards. Is there a good spray adhesive that won't cause problems with the wood after I am done.

I haven’t actually tried this myself but in the videotape by “Mark Duginske” he uses rubber cement on all his paper patterns and they look like the peel off easily.

Max Sprinkle
12-06-2004, 4:18 PM
Chris if you use 3m spray adhesive and spray a VERY LIGHT coat on the pattern only,it will peel right off and not leave any residue.

Brad Schmid
12-06-2004, 4:32 PM
Chris,
I agree, the 3M spray works very well. When you are done cutting, wipe turpentine on the pattern, wait a few minutes till it soaks through the paper and it will lift right off. Any residual glue/turpentine will wipe off with a cloth. I've not had any problems with discoloration or finishing.
Cheers,
Brad

Chris Daigh
12-06-2004, 4:35 PM
Excellent, thanks for all your help. I was a little leary about an adhesive but you guys have erased it. Thanks