PDA

View Full Version : Joe Woodworker +

alex grams
07-21-2010, 10:45 AM
So I had always heard rave reviews about Joe Woodworker and his customer service, so I was confident in ordering one of their vacuum kits and that I would be satisfied.

Well I got the kit in the mail, and inside it was a printed note saying he will be on vacation/traveling for a few week period with his wife, and that he will respond to any customer service needs or emails, but may be delayed a few days in doing so, and that another employee/partner will be helping respond in the meantime.

Seriously... who does that? I had to read the note twice to make sure I read it properly. Even in a world where I could make customer service perfect, I still think that is above and beyond.

Things like that make me a satisfied customer even before I had the chance to hook up and use the new equipment.

Bill White
07-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I'll bite. Who's Joe Woodworker? :confused:
Bill

alex grams
07-21-2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.joewoodworker.com

Does a lot of vacuum veneering supplies. Good reputation that if you have a question and send it in to him, he will regularly go out of his way to personally answer any questions, from the most rudimentary to the highly complex.

Jeff Monson
07-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, his customer service is great, that note is just an example of how he goes the extra mile.

Joe Gorleski
07-22-2010, 7:02 PM
Hey guys,

I have a Google thingy that tells me when "JoeWoodworker" pops up across the Internet. I just got a message that my website was mentioned here so I'm chiming in.

Yes... my wife and I are on vacation. It's about 1pm here right now and I've got a bit of free time to check and answer emails. I've been answering questions everyday from my dinky old laptop. Luckily, the internet connection at our room is not half bad.

Vacations are always a bit weird for me. Everyone says I cant "get off the grid". My reply is always that an internet business is full time job and just because I'm 4800 miles from home, doesnt mean I can drop the ball with our customers and potential customers and in fact, I enjoy doing this.

"We protect what we love."

Here's a picture taken about 8 hours ago from 10,023' above sea level at Haleakala during the sunrise.

Cheers,
Joe

Peter Quinn
07-22-2010, 8:45 PM
I built a Joe press this spring, a 7CFM venturi kit, and it SUCKS!:D I mean it, it really sucks. Great vacuum power at a very gentle cost, and your spot on about the customer service. Very personable. Good prices on bags too. Glad I went that route as I now have a solid system that I understand mechanically having built it, and its made from rock solid parts throughout for years of service.

Mike Heidrick
07-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Joe, that is a beautiful place - Maui.

on maui There is a magic show comedy act called Warren and Annabelle's - address is:
900 Front Street
Maui, Hawaii 96761
(808) 667-6244

Go see it it is great!

Joewoodworker to make your search engine app see this!!

Joe Gorleski
07-23-2010, 3:19 AM
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the tip. We just got back from a luau that kind of stunk. I've read on TripAdvisor that the Warren and Annabelle thing was very good. I'll talk to the wife about it.

And also thanks to Alex, Jeff, and Peter for the compliments. I means a lot to me.

Cheers,
Joe

Joe, that is a beautiful place - Maui.

on maui There is a magic show comedy act called Warren and Annabelle's - address is:
900 Front Street
Maui, Hawaii 96761
(808) 667-6244

Go see it it is great!

Joewoodworker to make your search engine app see this!!

Mike Heidrick
07-23-2010, 8:37 AM
It's right above or next to a Ruth Chris steak house if you like that sort of place - it is overpriced for us but hey we were in Maui and eating steak overlooking the ocean is pretty cool.

Another restaurant I wish I would have tried Mama's fish house in Paia. It was busy so call ahead or just wait it out.

Also Punalau Falls is worth the stop.
http://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/hawaii-punalau-falls.html

Mike Heidrick
07-23-2010, 8:37 AM
..and sorry to the OP for off topic. I will stop now.

alex grams
07-23-2010, 8:40 AM
Hah, no problem Mike. My wife and I went to Kona on the Big Island back in March. It was our second trip there (first being the honeymoon). I got to buy a piece of Koa wood each of the two trips, and even got a small slab of mango for a coffee table top in addition to the Koa this time!

Ben Davis
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Hey guys,

I have a Google thingy that tells me when "JoeWoodworker" pops up across the Internet. I just got a message that my website was mentioned here so I'm chiming in.

Yes... my wife and I are on vacation. It's about 1pm here right now and I've got a bit of free time to check and answer emails. I've been answering questions everyday from my dinky old laptop. Luckily, the internet connection at our room is not half bad.

Vacations are always a bit weird for me. Everyone says I cant "get off the grid". My reply is always that an internet business is full time job and just because I'm 4800 miles from home, doesnt mean I can drop the ball with our customers and potential customers and in fact, I enjoy doing this.

"We protect what we love."

Here's a picture taken about 8 hours ago from 10,023' above sea level at Haleakala during the sunrise.

Cheers,
Joe
Totally off topic, but with a picture from that particular place, are you retired Navy?
R/
Doc

Gregory Stahl
07-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Another restaurant I wish I would have tried Mama's fish house in Paia. It was busy so call ahead or just wait it out.

Mama's Fish House is fantastic--I highly recommend it!