PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry concerning a VectorArt3d product

Richard Link
07-20-2010, 6:54 PM
Hello. I'm quite interested in the Design and Carve Series 1 - Wildlife scenes from VectorArt3d. I'm intrigued about making some of these carved plaques on my new Stinger when it comes in Sept. I've seen some of the work that is showcased on the VectorArt3d website (in particular the beautiful coat rack made by Tim Merrell) and it looks very impressive and versatile.

This product seems to be a turnkey package for Aspire that includes some video tutorials, a fairly good selection of wildlife and background parts and some prepared files. It retails for around $500.

Does anyone have experience with this product - specifically the quality and depth of the tutorials? Are they sufficiently detailed to get me off the ground in making some of these custom wildlife scenes (assuming basic experience with Aspire) within a reasonable learning curve?

Thanks for your insight.

Richard

Jerome Stanek
07-20-2010, 7:17 PM
You can go to Vectric and download a working demo of Aspire. It will let you create your files but not the cut file. You can save the filed and if you purchase Aspire you can then use those files. It also has some demo cuts so you can try it on your cnc. Aspire does come with a nice library of 3d files from James Booth and Vector art 3d.

james mcgrew
07-20-2010, 7:19 PM
i have the disk, it is a complete product with full ready to go files, tutorials and all parts of each one separately. well worth the money made abunch of parts from it and sold all at the ridgeway art festival, paid for itself that day

Mick A Martin
07-20-2010, 7:39 PM
Hi Richard,

I have also been looking into the Design and Carve Series 1 - Wildlife scenes, I intend to order it soon the detail of the cut is great (depending on your router bit) as Jim said the DVD should pay for itself easy.

You will have fun with the Stinger when it arrives, I am it's not that hard once you get the basics.

Mick

Richard Link
07-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Great. Sounds like a good plan, then. I appreciate your input.

Richard

Bryan Cowan
07-21-2010, 9:10 AM
You can go to Vectric and download a working demo of Aspire. It will let you create your files but not the cut file. You can save the filed and if you purchase Aspire you can then use those files.

You sure about this?

I have a full working version of Vectric's Cut2D at home and a trial version here at work. If I create a file in the trial version at work and try to open/import it at home, the full working version notices it was created with the trial software and will not open it.

Lost a good amount of time after finding that out.

james mcgrew
07-21-2010, 10:09 AM
all is not lost will pm you

Gerry Grzadzinski
07-21-2010, 11:54 AM
You sure about this?

I have a full working version of Vectric's Cut2D at home and a trial version here at work. If I create a file in the trial version at work and try to open/import it at home, the full working version notices it was created with the trial software and will not open it.

Lost a good amount of time after finding that out.

If you create something with the trial, and then register it, you can cut what you created with the trial as long as it's the same PC. But as you noticed, it won't work on a different PC. Keeps people from using the demo as a free design program.