PDA

View Full Version : DIY A+ training?

Charles McKinley
12-06-2004, 9:08 AM
Hi All,

I have always just been a computer user. Iam tired of not being able to fix small glitches when they come up. What is the best/ most user friendly A+ material out there? I doubt I'll take the test. It is more for self improvement and to play catch up withtechnology since leaving grad school 4 years ago.

Thanks,

John Miliunas
12-06-2004, 9:17 AM
The books on various PC certifications put out by "Que" are usually quite good. Pricey, but thorough and usually include a great guide CD. :cool:

Michael Perata
12-06-2004, 4:34 PM
Chuck

It has been over 4 years but I went right to the source for A+ and Network+ certs.

http://www.comptia.org/

Tyler Howell
12-06-2004, 4:51 PM
I've been spending the big bucks to send my troops to the prep schools. To my dispair all they are is mills with Q&A study guides. They go in with little in that area and come out with a piece of paper:o .

Charles McKinley
12-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks Guys,

Tyler that is why I'm looking to do it myself. I don't even plan on taking the test. I just want to be able to understand my onw machine better and work on friend and family stuff. I looked into a class at New Horizons for the MS Office cert and A+ and I think they wanted $7K!