PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Magazine question

Jack Camillo
07-18-2010, 7:41 PM
Does anyone know what the first and last issues of Schwarz's "Woodworking Magazine" were? Realize it's no longer being published, but trying to determine how many issues I am missing. First I have is Spring 2006. Last is Winter 2009. (But missing several in between. I have a total of 9).

Neil Brooks
07-18-2010, 9:17 PM
His number (http://popularwoodworking.com//contact.asp) is listed as 513-531-2690 ext. 11407

If you really wanted to know ... he might be a fairly good one to ask ;)

Bob Lang
07-19-2010, 6:04 AM
Chris is on vacation this week, and his voice mail is likely full.

The first issue was published in 2004, and issue #16, Winter 2009 was the last. Back issues are available from the "Store" page on the Popular Woodworking Magazine website. Printed versions of the early issues have been sold out for a long time, but you can get single issues in digital versions, or you can buy hardbound collections of issues.

Bob Lang, executive editor
Popular Woodworking Magazine

Jack Camillo
07-19-2010, 6:27 PM
Thanks, Bob,
I realize you and Glen Huey were also a big part of that effort, as well as others, and so I hope it didn't appear as a slight by calling it Schwarz's. Guess it came out that way because I bought my first copy from him in Philadelphia at the (first?) Lie Nielsen Hand Tool event a few years ago.
Sorry the magazine isn't still published (I never did know why it stopped), but glad the Popular Woodworking magazine took on a good part of the look.
All the best,
jack