PDA

View Full Version : Democracy Suffers a Crushing Blow

David DeCristoforo
07-18-2010, 2:57 PM
Early this morning, (well, Ok, maybe not so early) a devastating blow was dealt to the cause of worldwide democracy. In an unprecedented unilateral move, a herein unnamed moderator shut down a thread started by a group calling itself "Contributors for a Free Democratic Vortex". The group has filed a formal protest, claiming that this action, while unquestionably the prerogative of said moderator, constitutes a capitulation to the forces of evil and deprives the general public of their right to free expression. They have vowed to take the case to the Supreme Court if necessary.

James Combs
07-18-2010, 3:16 PM
Say what...:eek: Oh my it's the end...:mad::rolleyes:

David Woodruff
07-18-2010, 4:20 PM
I must be confused. I thought The Creek was about wood and the things that turn large wood into small pieces and sawdust. I am sure there are forums where one can propagate one's political opinion. I personally don't think The Creek is or should be a political forum.

David DeCristoforo
07-18-2010, 4:22 PM
"...personally don't think The Creek is or should be a political forum..."

Ok,ok... I take it all back...

Andy Hoyt
07-18-2010, 10:04 PM
.....Ok,ok... I take it all back... Dare I say it?

Chicken

David DeCristoforo
07-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Buk buk buk...

http://www.daviddecristoforo.com/Misc/chicken.gif

William Hutchinson
07-19-2010, 8:21 AM
Early this morning, (well, Ok, maybe not so early) a devastating blow was dealt to the cause of worldwide democracy. In an unprecedented unilateral move, a herein unnamed moderator shut down a thread started by a group calling itself "Contributors for a Free Democratic Vortex". The group has filed a formal protest, claiming that this action, while unquestionably the prerogative of said moderator, constitutes a capitulation to the forces of evil and deprives the general public of their right to free expression. They have vowed to take the case to the Supreme Court if necessary.

I for one support the swift and valiant actions of said moderator. The organization of which you speak is a front group for the nefarious Vortex, which is far from Democratic. Contributions are gifts, donations and/or aid that are freely given, however in context with the Vortex it's more akin to being sold a life preserver while drowning. As for ‘Free and Democratic Vortex’ that is a complete utter distortion and contradiction of terms to ensnare fools to take a quick dip into a pit of quick sand. Little does the innocent know that those in the pool are being buoyed by standing on the shoulders of the other poor saps. Easy to slither in and impossible to get out without intensive cult extractions intercessions. :eek::eek::eek:

I say Pip pip, Ooh-rah and good show moderators in nipping off the head of this Hydra. And while you’re at it could you come pull me out of the mud. I’ll be easy to find, just look directly below Double D.:D

bob svoboda
07-19-2010, 8:21 AM
Buk buk buk...

http://www.daviddecristoforo.com/Misc/chicken.gif

Hows about another poll---Monterey Chicken Seasoning or BBQ sauce??:D