PDA

View Full Version : Which Keeton?

David DeCristoforo
07-18-2010, 2:20 PM
Personally I like the Rastafarian Keeton much better than the lawyer Keeton. I think we should have the right to demand that our mods maintain a certain dignity and the Rasta Keeton has that "special something" that commands respect. What do you think?

Ken Fitzgerald
07-18-2010, 2:32 PM
This thread has been closed in an effort to protect David and SMC from legal action by said individual.

Keith............were you aware when you gave Keeton a key to the SMC Corporate jet he was a Rasta and a lawyer?:confused:

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-18-2010, 2:47 PM
If John would don a vest and a hat he could take on the Kenny Rogers "Gambler" look.
fmr

David E Keller
07-18-2010, 2:52 PM
I am enjoying the JK with dreads look for the time being.

James Combs
07-18-2010, 3:19 PM

Dang, he shed them sometime today.

Matt Ranum
07-18-2010, 3:32 PM

Yup me too.

Bernie Weishapl
07-18-2010, 3:46 PM
Now would guys quit picking on old Kenny Keeton errrrrrrr..... I mean John Keeton.:eek::rolleyes:;)

Wayne Spence
07-18-2010, 3:58 PM
Hear the one about the lawyer having a little fun with the senior on the plane. $5 vs. $500 dollars for unanswered questions.
Lawyer: How far is it to the moon?
Senior: Can't answer, hands him $5.
Senior:" What goes to the top of the hill with 3 legs and comes down with 4?"
Lawyer: After much searching and calling gives the Senior $500.
After some time passes the lawyer can't stand it and asks the senior "OK, what goes to the top of the hill with 3 legs and comes down with 4?"
Senior: "I don't know", reaches in his pocket and hands the lawyer $5.

William Hutchinson
07-18-2010, 4:37 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/wlhutch/keeton--dolly-1.gif

I like Kenny Keeton ...

David DeCristoforo
07-18-2010, 5:00 PM
http://www.daviddecristoforo.com/Misc/rofl.gif

Harvey M. Taylor
07-18-2010, 5:27 PM
David, does your last post mean you are speechless? Ha, that is a first. Max

Harvey Ghesser
07-18-2010, 5:42 PM
Buster Keeton!

William Hutchinson
07-18-2010, 6:19 PM
http://www.daviddecristoforo.com/Misc/rofl.gif

What's so funny, Double D?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/wlhutch/Double-D.gif

Jeff Nicol
07-18-2010, 6:25 PM
You guys are having way to much fun!!!! Poor Jokenrastalaw Keeton does not which end isup today! Maybe I will have to dye my beard and get a wig to make myself look like Black Beard the pirate so I fit in with this group!

Laughing is good medicine! So why do I cry so much!!! Because there is to much wood and not enough me!

Jeff

John Keeton
07-18-2010, 6:44 PM
You guys can share whichever opinions you want, but I just traded in my dreadlocks for Dolly!!!:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Would somebody take away William's photoshop?!?!?:eek:

David E Keller
07-18-2010, 6:44 PM
I nominate Hutch to be the official Creek photographer! Avatar changes for everyone!

gary Zimmel
07-18-2010, 6:55 PM
Sweet looking girl friend John...
I didn't know you could sing too...

gary Zimmel
07-18-2010, 7:14 PM
Hey buddy are you sure you aren't related to this guy.

156151 156152

William Hutchinson
07-18-2010, 7:43 PM
... Maybe I will have to dye my beard and get a wig to make myself look like Black Beard the pirate so I fit in with this group!

Jeff

You already fit in Pirate Boy:D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/wlhutch/jeff-nicol-pirate.gif

OK Keeton -- this is the last one.

John Keeton
07-18-2010, 8:42 PM
OK Keeton -- this is the last one.And, what a great departing act!! You nailed Nicol - for sure!!:D

Roger Chandler
07-18-2010, 9:52 PM
I like John Keeton's original avitar photo..... you guys with photoshop need to get a life, and quit pickin' on poor ol' John!

I'm sure Ms. Dolly Parton is flattered to have John K [for Kenney :eek:] as her sidekick in this photo, but it does make one doubt this forum is about wood turning, and is more of a practical joke forum ;)

John has been such a good sport in all this hook & crook dealin' and has taken it like a man!

May the rest of us have such grace and fortitude in the face of such unflattering postings :p

Steve Mawson
07-19-2010, 9:54 AM
Better add another option to the poll. Kenny wins hands down in my book. Long live the gambler.

Michael James
07-19-2010, 10:26 AM
John, that is probably a new low in self-promotion. As a Dolly admirer, what ever you post, I'll be thinking "oh yeah...NICE!":cool:
Great job; carry on.
mj

Jerry Marcantel
07-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Have you guys noticed how quite John has been on this thread.... You can hear a pin drop... .....Jerry (in Tucson)

William Hutchinson
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I like John Keeton's original avitar photo..... you guys with photoshop need to get a life, and quit pickin' on poor ol' John!

...but it does make one doubt this forum is about wood turning, and is more of a practical joke forum ;)

John has been such a good sport in all this hook & crook dealin' and has taken it like a man!

There is just one guy in the "you guys" and that is me. I am confident that anyone who finds the kidding to be offensive is quite capable to handle the situation. And if you haven't noticed the photoshop altering is quite crude, takes all of three minutes and is not a life absorbing endeavor. Now waiting for finishes to dry between applications is another matter.

I could be very wrong in this assumption, the majority of woodworkers on this forum are dedicated hobbyist. Primarily, this is a place to learn-- from each other and the highly experience professionals who also frequent this board.

Secondly, it is a social gathering to share projects, gloats and seek camaraderie of like minded souls. I work alone in my shop and have no local woodworking buddy's. Talking about joint construction and rubbing bevels will cause my friends to start counting sheep. As with my friends, banter and humor are part of the relationship that is built on shared trust and respect. They, as I, know that all jest is given with good intent as well as received. A forum becomes a stale text book without spontaneity of human interactions.

I trust the moderators will intervene when someone like me pushes it too far.

Don Alexander
07-19-2010, 11:52 AM
he is likely busy turning another masterpiece :D

Karl Card
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM
after laighing awhile, i have to ask my self what does this thread have to do with turning..... it is turning me red in the face from laughing.

Don Alexander
07-19-2010, 11:55 AM
and laughter is definitely good for the soul .... and the stress level......and the blood pressure .......and .................. well you get the idea :D

Tom Sherman
07-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Ever since JK's comment about WalMart, I have been looking to recieve an email from a friend with the latest installment of "what not to wear at WalMart" with John's picture at the head of the list.

If you aint having fun you're doing it wrong.:D

Karl Card
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Have you guys noticed how quite John has been on this thread.... You can hear a pin drop... .....Jerry (in Tucson)

yeap but you better hide when he closes and locks the door, oh and hope that your not a gatlin boy...lol

John Keeton
07-19-2010, 12:13 PM
!!
he is likely busy turning another masterpiece :DSorry to have not given this thread any more attention, but Ms. Keeton has demanded much of me over the past couple of days!! But, the bookshelves are done (except for painting, which she has graciously agreed to undertake:)) and I have been back in the shop doing round work - probably not a masterpiece, Don, but round nonetheless.

And, to set the record straight, I love the kidding and the camaraderie that takes place on this forum, and I have not been offended in the least.

After all, with the GREAT POWERS vested in me as Moderator, I could just waste the entire thread with a keystroke.....JUST SAYING THOSE WORDS GIVES ME AN EXHILARATING FEELING OF ENORMOUS SUPERIORITY!!:cool::D;););)

I am having as much fun as the rest of you guys! Besides, it gives "Double D" DeCristoforo a break!!:D Carry on!

David DeCristoforo
07-19-2010, 12:27 PM
"...banter and humor are part of the relationship that is built on shared trust and respect...all jest is given with good intent as well as received. A forum becomes a stale text book without spontaneity of human interactions..."

Well said...

Ken Fitzgerald
07-19-2010, 12:36 PM
"...banter and humor are part of the relationship that is built on shared trust and respect...all jest is given with good intent as well as received. A forum becomes a stale text book without spontaneity of human interactions..."

Well said...

Absolutely!

Tim Rinehart
07-19-2010, 1:21 PM
I agree with the positive side affects of the social side of this forum, and it would be a pity to reduce it to 'the serious side'.

I actually look more forward to the informal banter that goes on between members, and I already have figured out some that have a deep history...that I'm only now beginning to discover...often by researching old threads.

The funny thing was...I looked at John's recent avatar and said to myself..."wow, John has some pull getting a pic with Dolly"...:D:D, and then I found this thread and couldn't believe it was a ruse...well done one at that.

I think John posting it as his current avatar shows the humor to be well taken by all.

Now...everyone get back to work...this is serious business!! ;);)

Zach England
07-19-2010, 2:36 PM
I don't really visit this forum much...too much weird stuff going on here.

Roger Chandler
07-19-2010, 3:27 PM
There is just one guy in the "you guys" and that is me. I am confident that anyone who finds the kidding to be offensive is quite capable to handle the situation. And if you haven't noticed the photoshop altering is quite crude, takes all of three minutes and is not a life absorbing endeavor. Now waiting for finishes to dry between applications is another matter.

I could be very wrong in this assumption, the majority of woodworkers on this forum are dedicated hobbyist. Primarily, this is a place to learn-- from each other and the highly experience professionals who also frequent this board.

Secondly, it is a social gathering to share projects, gloats and seek camaraderie of like minded souls. I work alone in my shop and have no local woodworking buddy's. Talking about joint construction and rubbing bevels will cause my friends to start counting sheep. As with my friends, banter and humor are part of the relationship that is built on shared trust and respect. They, as I, know that all jest is given with good intent as well as received. A forum becomes a stale text book without spontaneity of human interactions.

I trust the moderators will intervene when someone like me pushes it too far.

William,

I guess I should have included the "big grin" :D "tongue in cheek" :p and any other faces that would have let you know that my call in behalf of "poor ol' John" was meant in the same humor that other postings were made, and I guess my remark about a "practical joke forum" was not the best way of expressing my humor.

I am not back peddling, as if I have something to say, I am not in the least, bashful or shy about saying it, but there was not anything meant by me other than "poor ol' John."

In seriousness, I do have respect for John as a turner and a moderator, and from what I have seen so far he is also a really good sport to take all this ribbin' because "Kenny R." does favor John a good bit!

Blessings to you all! Sorry if I ruffled feathers.... no intention to do so!

David DeCristoforo
07-19-2010, 4:05 PM
Mattel has announced a new "Keeton" line of action figures. To be priced as follows:

Keeton Action Figure $22.95
The basic Keeton action figure is packaged with "street clothes". Accessories sold separately.

Keeton Action Figure Lawyer Set $22.95
Includes three piece navy blue pin stripped suit, one pair of black Alfani lace up shoes, one rep tie (red) one thin black belt, one Rolex watch, one black leather brief case and a pocket square.

Keeton Action Figure Rasta Man Set $22,95
Includes "dreadlocks" wig, one pair of "funky" beach sandals one pair tattered Bermuda shorts, one Bob Marley "T" shirt and one "bomber doobie".

Keeton Action Figure "Kenny Rogers" Set $22.95
Includes Kenny Rogers white wig and beard (possibly not needed), one pair black "pegged" pants, one pair silver fitted alligator boots, One black cowboy hat, one rhinestone studded vest and one acoustic guitar (prop only). Dolly sold separately.

Keeton Action Figure Wood Turner Set $28,000.00
Included items are too numerous to list. You want to know why this accessory set is so expensive? Haven't you been paying attention here?

Karl Card
07-19-2010, 4:13 PM
Mattel has announced a new "Keeton" line of action figures. To be priced as follows:

Keeton Action Figure $22.95
The basic Keeton action figure is packaged with "street clothes". Accessories sold separately.

Keeton Action Figure Lawyer Set $22.95
Includes three piece navy blue pin stripped suit, one pair of black Alfani lace up shoes, one rep tie (red) one thin black belt, one Rolex watch, one black leather brief case and a pocket square.

Keeton Action Figure Rasta Man Set $22,95
Includes "dreadlocks" wig, one pair of "funky" beach sandals one pair tattered Bermuda shorts, one Bob Marley "T" shirt and one "bomber doobie".

Includes Kenny Rogers white wig and beard (possibly not needed), one pair black "pegged" pants, one pair silver fitted alligator boots, One black cowboy hat, one rhinestone studded vest and one acoustic guitar (prop only). Dolly sold separately.

Included items are too numerous to list. You want to know why this accessory set is so expensive? Haven't you been paying attention here?

David,

Have you not ever heard of "the long arm of the law"? lol

John Keeton
07-19-2010, 4:19 PM
Roger, it is so difficult to convey one's true emotions via cyber space. I guess that is why they had to come up with those cute little critters/emoticons.

Anyway, I took your comments just as you stated, and was not offended at all. But, for the benefit of others, it is good that you clarified.

So.......let's not let this digress into a serious tone!:eek: The Creek, and woodturning, are all about having fun!:D

Besides, I'm kinda likin' this Kenny R. thing!! No facelifts for me though!! Gettin' old is rough enough without someone using a scalpel to move the process along!!:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.topsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/kenny-rogers-face-lift.jpg

Roger Chandler
07-19-2010, 4:22 PM

$28,000.00! :eek::eek::eek: Wow! "You got know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run..." :D

Cathy Schaewe
07-19-2010, 8:57 PM
keeton action figure wood turner set $28,000.00
included items are too numerous to list. You want to know why this accessory set is so expensive? Haven't you been paying attention here?
lol!!!!
:D :D :D

David DeCristoforo
07-19-2010, 9:10 PM
"...What's so funny, Double D?..."

Hey... How'd I miss this one? It's El Guapo!

Roger Chandler
07-19-2010, 9:49 PM
[QUOTE=John Keeton;1470950]Roger, it is so difficult to convey one's true emotions via cyber space. I guess that is why they had to come up with those cute little critters/emoticons.

Anyway, I took your comments just as you stated, and was not offended at all. But, for the benefit of others, it is good that you clarified.

So.......let's not let this digress into a serious tone!:eek: The Creek, and woodturning, are all about having fun!:D

Besides, I'm kinda likin' this Kenny R. thing!! No facelifts for me though!! Gettin' old is rough enough without someone using a scalpel to move the process along!!:eek::eek::eek:

Kenny, ...uh....err...uhmmm....I mean John [I think?]

thanks for your kind words...I was simply doing like they say around here "takin' your part" and thinking you sure had a lot of piling on going on with all those pictures, and I also thought it funny.......no intention of hurting anyone's feelings.

I guess when one posts, they don't always know how someone else will take what is posted, and I must have missed conveying my true sentiments and leaving a wrong impression. I'm man enough to correct my failure to communicate as well as I should have.....

by the way, DD spoke of an action figure and turning set for $28,000.00 and I just have "know when to fold 'em, and know when to walk away and know when to run" so I'm foldn' an runnin' away" from that offer! :D

Brian Effinger
07-20-2010, 12:01 AM
"...What's so funny, Double D?..."

Hey... How'd I miss this one? It's El Guapo!

If it is El Guapo, then I think you need a new avatar. :D

Philip Duffy
07-20-2010, 4:42 AM
John, You wish! Phil

John Hart
07-20-2010, 5:41 AM
This thread is so great!!:D

Aaron Wingert
07-20-2010, 11:26 AM

I hear that Mattell is including, for a limited time, the Mrs. Keeton action figure with purchase of the Keeton Action Figure Wood Turner Set. The key feature of the Mrs. Keeton figure is the pull cord on her back, which when pulled and released causes her to repeatedly say phrases such as "John you cannot use the lathe again until my bookcases are done" and "John you spend too much time in the shop".

John Keeton
07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
I hear that Mattell is including, for a limited time, the Mrs. Keeton action figure with purchase of the Keeton Action Figure Wood Turner Set. The key feature of the Mrs. Keeton figure is the pull cord on her back, which when pulled and released causes her to repeatedly say phrases such as "John you cannot use the lathe again until my bookcases are done" and "John you spend too much time in the shop".Aaron, the Ms. Keeton action figure is reported to be the most "lifelike" action figure available on the market to date!!!:eek::D:D

As a side note, the bookcases are done....at least from my end. Ms. Keeton has graciously agreed to be in charge of painting.:) Yes, I love her immensely! As a result, I have been given "early release" and permitted to spend a moderate amount of time at the lathe this week.

However, I understand she has scheduled "cousins camp" for the grandchildren for next week. An enjoyable adventure, but one that doesn't include much shop time!;)

Roland Martin
07-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Aaron, the Ms. Keeton action figure is reported to be the most "lifelike" action figure available on the market to date!!!:eek::D:D

As a side note, the bookcases are done....at least from my end. Ms. Keeton has graciously agreed to be in charge of painting.:) Yes, I love her immensely! As a result, I have been given "early release" and permitted to spend a moderate amount of time at the lathe this week.

However, I understand she has scheduled "cousins camp" for the grandchildren for next week. An enjoyable adventure, but one that doesn't include much shop time!;)

WOW, I've completely missed this thread until this morning, trying too hard to get my turning done I guess:). This is the most amusing thing since Monty Python! (maybe a bad analagy):D.

It really intrigues me when I look back at the 35 yrs. of marriage. Who'da thought that love can grow stronger with each passing year:eek:, seems impossible!, but glad it is.