PDA

View Full Version : Resizing image

janko cervencik
12-05-2004, 2:49 PM
Hello
Hello guys , I like to know, why my image is fuzzy, when I resize my image from 4x6" to 16x36" or whatever different size. I'm using paint shop pro8.I try put a image on several tiles and I have the final print "fuzzy" Does anybody know the best way, how to resize image?And dont loose the image look? I'm using Paint shop pro8 or CorelDraw-photo paint12
Thanks Jan
:eek:

Charles McKinley
12-05-2004, 8:31 PM
Hi Jan,

The original image may not have a high enough resolution to blow up to that size with out distortion. I think my B&W photo instructor said you needed at least 1.4 megapixel to get even close to the clarity of a 35mm film pic at the 8X10 size.

I hope someone with more editing experience can clear it up for you.

Rodne Gold
12-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Size counts , the golden rule for decent and unpixelated images is at least 125 pixels per inch of PRINTED output.
Your 16 x 36 image should be at least 2000 pixels by 4500 pixels at printed output. Its highly doubtful that a 4 x 6 images will be big enough or will have been scanned at enough resolution.
To get a 4 x 6 to 16x36 you have to scan it at at least 750-900 dpi (its actually not dpi , but pixels per inch)
The rule for scanning is this
Printed size/original size x 150
IE in your case its 36"/6" x 150
there is a solution however if the original image doesnt have the resolution to be blown up to that size. There is a freeware package called irfanview (great free viewer www.irfanview.com (http://www.irfanview.com) ) and you can resample the image using their lanczos algorithm and it adds more pixels
It does guesstimate them cos you cant add info that is just not there , however its way better than the pixelated image you would get just be resizing. So ultimately you have to resample and NOT resize if you dont have a high definition scan.
DPI does NOT count at all , its SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janko cervencik
12-13-2004, 6:57 PM
Thank you everybody for help *** :-) ***
I'm a very appreciative....:)
I wish all of you have Happy Holidays & Happy New Year.
Thank you one more time
Janko

:p