PDA

View Full Version : New tool gloat

Mike Golka
07-16-2010, 4:35 PM
Well in an effort to keep the economy rolling I went out and bought a new wood retrieval tool. It may also double as a RR device when used with my fifth wheel trailer.

David DeCristoforo
07-16-2010, 5:02 PM
Oooo.... That's sweet. I had an '88 Chevy bought new in late '87. Put almost 500,000 miles on it and it was still going strong when I broke down and bought a new Dodge 3/4 ton last December. Gave the Chevy to my son because they wanted to add to the price of the Dodge if I traded it in. The Chevy has a manual 5 speed and no AC and the Dodge has AC and an auto. What luxury! Nothin' like a fresh ride....

Baxter Smith
07-16-2010, 5:04 PM
Now you can haul that "free wood" in style!

Steve Schlumpf
07-16-2010, 5:38 PM
WOW! Very impressive wood hauler! Enjoy!

John Keeton
07-16-2010, 8:25 PM
Mike, I want to personally thank you for your dedication to helping out our country in a time of need!!!:D:D Now, we do expect to see frequent postings of truckloads of wood being hauled in that thing!

Gave the Chevy to my son because they wanted to add to the price of the Dodge if I traded it in.David, I would have loved to have been there when that comment was made!!;)

Bernie Weishapl
07-16-2010, 8:30 PM
Yep Mike. Those new pickups will haul a lot of wood.:D Don't ask me how I know that. Great looking wood hauler.

David DeCristoforo
07-16-2010, 8:45 PM
"...I would have loved to have been there when that comment was made..."

Yea... the guy was being a WA. But the truck was marked down so low that the "poor guys" were squirming to begin with. Some guy ordered it in mid '09 and never picked it up so they were trying to move it. The markdown was a full 1/3 off the sticker price so it was hard to complain one way or the other. And my son really wanted the Chevy anyway...

gary Zimmel
07-16-2010, 9:36 PM
Sweet wood hauler Mike..
Bring it over and we will go free wood hunting.