PDA

View Full Version : Progress on CMS multi tool stand.

Bart Leetch
12-05-2004, 12:27 AM
So far this week I made & installed the 2 sliding tool trays The pictures show both the Planer & Spindle sander on their trays pulled out & I have placed the CMS & Mortiser for visual purposes on top approximately where they will set when this project is finished . There is one shot with the spindle sander up to working height of 32" & then back down so it will fit through the door & another shot with it inside the cabinet hope to get the top put on it tomorrow. Then onto making the CMS extended support & Mortiser.

Dick Parr
12-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Very nice Bart, that is going to be one very handy set-up when you are done. Very good use of space. :)

Lou Morrissette
12-05-2004, 9:31 AM
Looks great, Bart. Is that the inflatable thingy under the spindle sander? Looks like that will work real slick. Would that same system work under the planer or is it too heavy for that application?
Looking real fine...keep the pics coming.

Lou

Bart Leetch
12-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Looks great, Bart. Is that the inflatable thingy under the spindle sander? Looks like that will work real slick. Would that same system work under the planer or is it too heavy for that application?
Looking real fine...keep the pics coming.

Lou

Lou it would work but would probably be better with 2 smaller inner-tubes placed next to each other because of the length of the planer. I guess if you already have a tube you could give it a try with 1 tube.

I just used 4 pins to keep it level in my experament but I think just some stops on the top edge of the box will work just as well, I plan to try this on mine,

Michael Stafford
12-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Bart,
That is a fine looking storage solution and CMS workstation. :)

Those little compartments under each side of the work supports next to the CMS need little drawers so you can store your wrenches, chewing tobacco, gum or whatnots... :p :eek: :D

Really a fine addition to any shop. :)

Bart Leetch
12-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Bart,
That is a fine looking storage solution and CMS workstation. :)

Those little compartments under each side of the work supports next to the CMS need little drawers so you can store your wrenches, chewing tobacco, gum or whatnots... :p :eek: :D

Really a fine addition to any shop. :)

Michael

I will be putting a 3/4" MDF top on next & then building a new work support system for the CMS so that is matches the height of the 12" RAS to the right just out of the picture. The combination of the CMS stand & RAS stand is about 11'-12' long. Yes I will probably build in drawers as you have suggested. The support system you see in the picture was a temporary thing built about 2 years ago & used to set on top of the RAS with the RAS turned sideways. With the CMS setting on top of the case I actually got to use the RAS last night for the first time in about 2 years. It still cuts a nice square cut. :D :eek: :D

Lou Morrissette
12-05-2004, 6:18 PM
BTW Bart, did you base this on Norm's (NYW) plans? I have those plans and was thinking of building something similar.

Jim Becker
12-05-2004, 6:36 PM
Lookin' good, Bart!

Kelly C. Hanna
12-05-2004, 7:03 PM
Looking very nice Bart! I really like the OSS drawer...great idea! I may have to borrow that one for my Delta belt/disc sander. I haven't finished my workbench yet...been too busy!!