PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered anything from eagleamerica.com???

Kyle Brooks
07-15-2010, 5:13 PM
I'm just wondering how they are to deal with. They seem to have quite a bit of stuff on their website. I was just looking around on some prices for a dial gauge and maybe the magnetic base and happened to stumble upon them. Like I said, I'm just curious how they are to deal with and I guess maybe how they compare with price and shipping. Thanks, and happy woodworking!!!

Doug Shepard
07-15-2010, 5:45 PM
I've ordered from them quite a number of times over the past 10-15 years and only had one minor snafu on my order which they promptly rectified. Good place for router bits if it's not something you have to have right now and can wait a few days on the shipping.

Kevin Gregoire
07-15-2010, 5:56 PM
i have ordered a few times, prices are great and quick shipping.

Kyle Brooks
07-15-2010, 6:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

Dave Wagner
07-15-2010, 6:14 PM
Yes, order a few items with no problems with them. I get their mailings every other day, some good deals on stuff.

Will Overton
07-15-2010, 6:15 PM

+1

And, their Eagle brand router bits are among the best.
The Price Cutter brand are ok.

Doug Carpenter
07-15-2010, 7:04 PM
I live 20 minutes from them and I buy directly alot. They are on the up and up.

I don't always feel like it is the best deal around but I like the convienence.

Good luck

Gerry Grzadzinski
07-15-2010, 8:31 PM
Been using them for over 15 years. 95% of my router bits are theirs.

Jim Rimmer
07-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I've used them and like their service and goods.

Bill Huber
07-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I buy just about all my router bits from them and have never had a bad or wrong shipment.
They have always been very prompt at shipping and there products are great, in fact their turners tape is the best I have ever found.

Cary Falk
07-15-2010, 11:06 PM
I have purchased from them multiple times without any issues.

Keith Outten
07-16-2010, 8:32 AM
I have purchased router bits from Eagle America many times over the years. They are also a sponsor here so Jackie and I have had many conversations with members of their Staff...very nice folks.

Ernie Miller
07-16-2010, 9:09 AM
Many years ago Eagle made a custom router bit for me from a molding sample I sent them. They matched the profile perfectly and that bit is still going strong. Great company.

John Pratt
07-16-2010, 10:07 AM
As I believe that you can never have too many routers and router bits, they have a couple thousand dollars that used to live in my wallet. I have never had an issue with their product or service.

Clarence Miller
09-21-2012, 6:30 PM
On my second order from them they sent me a wrong bit. I discovered this when I opened the package last Thursday night. I was needing this bit to make some samples to show the following Wednesday for a job I was bidding on. I sent them an email right away to let them know what the problem was. I told them I need the bit by Monday (Tuesday at the absolute latest). Monday came around no bit so I sent an email, Tuesday I got a tracking number that would not jive one the USPS site, Wednesday I found out why the number wouldn't work was because it didn't leave their place until late Wednesday night. At this time I had already lost the bid on the job as I could not provide samples. I called them on Thursday afternoon after having the local postmaster verify when the package left their facility and, as the manager was not available, told the receptionist the situation and that I would not be doing any further business with them. She took down my number to pass along to a manager. I then sent an email to their customer service dept. under the header "please forward this to a manager". The bit is still not here as of the following Friday, I have received no call or email from them, and I am out a fairly large bid. They will not be getting any more of my business. Wanting to continue to buy specialized American made bits (a fairly big deal to me) I am switching to WhiteSide.

Mort Stevens
09-21-2012, 8:08 PM
The bit is still not here as of the following Friday.... They will not be getting any more of my business.

This is the primary reason I will not buy anything over the internet. When something gets screwed up you're entirely at their mercy, it's not like you can just go to their place and straighten it out in person you have to rely on email or phone calls and return phone calls - no thank you, it's too much possible hassle to go though. I have better things to do.

I like the feeling of going to a local store and walking out with what I want, in my hand. Plus it keep the money local instead of sending it out-of-state. With the array of hardware stores/home centers/lumber yards there's nothing I can't get locally.

Steven Hsieh
09-21-2012, 8:25 PM
I recently ordered 6 router bits from them.
Shipping no problem.

Carl Beckett
09-21-2012, 8:48 PM

+2 for me .......

Ed Edwards
09-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Just to make you aware, MCLS bought out EA.
I was in their store/warehouse about two months ago, the EA router bits were all over the place.
I asked, and was told they MCLS bought all of the stock and/or the company
just my 2 cents worth
Ed

Clarence Miller
09-22-2012, 8:15 AM
I have had, for the most part, really good experience ordering things online. Also from what I have read so far my experience with Eagle appears to be the exception rather than the rule. I hate to see any company fail, their bits from my previous order are good quality, which is why I was trying to reach management. Any company that will leave a customer high and dry due to an error on their part needs to be made aware of the discontent.

Roger Feeley
09-22-2012, 11:55 AM
It's too bad that they have all those good people making all that good product and they lose your business because of administrative errors. My first thought was that you didn't have a long standing relationship with these folks so no wonder... But then I thought better of it. That being just the second order, they should still be all over it. That's how you bring in new customers. In fact, you gain customer loyalty ESPECIALLY when things go a bit wrong and you bend over backwards to make it right. Now EA/MLCS has a bad review in a widely read forum. It wouldn't keep me from buying from them but these things add up.

Contrast that with an experience I had with a Bosch Glide that didn't work out. Bosch even had a tech out to my house to try to resolve the problem. Or the time I bought a Rikon bandsaw and for some reason the motor blew a breaker. I reported it to Rikon and they sent me a motor 'just in case'. That motor arrived with a bent shroud so they sent me another motor and told me to keep all three. I'm still on Motor #1 and it's working fine. But I have two backups. You'd better believe that I will be giving Rikon a good look when it's time for another machine.

We all understand that there will be problems from time to time. How companies deal with problems is really the proof of the pudding.

Clarence Miller
09-22-2012, 12:14 PM
If they would have dropped the bit in the mailbox and had it to me by Monday or Tuesday they would have had a lifetime customer. Finding out it was not even sent until after Tuesday was what left the bad taste in my mouth.

Karl Card
09-22-2012, 9:20 PM
Something I leant a long time ago was this: when the day comes that you are not excited about the 2 dollar sale as you are about the 200 dollar sale, it is tie to get out of sales. See I feel that when you are helping someone find something they cant find elsewhere then the money is good but the feedback is awesome.. yes you have to make money to stay in business but by helping customers solve their problems makes new clients... just my humble opinion...