PDA

View Full Version : help with Grizzly freight delivery

Kevin Gregoire
07-15-2010, 4:03 PM
i have heard different things from different people and i want to get everyone's opinion on this please....

if you bought a machine from Grizzly, what freight company did they use and what is your location,
and did they just deliver to your curb and you had to unload or did they unload and move it to your
shop or garage?
and if they moved, what did they use to move it?

Jim O'Dell
07-15-2010, 4:18 PM
I bought a G0691 table saw at the end of December, and received it the first week of Jan. Mine was shipped by UPS freight. I paid the extra for lift gate, and the driver used a pallet jack and brought it right into the shop. (concrete pad in front of shop, door opens to a cul-de-dac.) I'm just west of Ft. Worth, TX. Hope this helps. Jim.

Aaron Wingert
07-15-2010, 4:19 PM
I just had a G0691 delivered last month. It was via UPS freight, but the truck was a semi of some other company's...Perhaps a subcontractor. Can't remember the name. They called ahead of time and we set up a day and time range (5 hour range as I recall) that they'd be there. I had paid for lift gate service, which gets it to the ground from the truck. They used a pallet jack to move it to the back of the truck and to the gate, and brought it down on the pallet jack. I was really nice to the guy and asked if he'd help me by wheeling it 30' up my driveway to the garage and he gladly did. They don't have to though.

You have to pay for lift gate service if it is a big machine....Unless you own a forklift! For my machine I think lift gate service was not quite $40 in addition to the shipping Grizzly quotes in the catalogs.

It was a smooth and seamless process.

Edit: Funny, Jim! Same saw, same experience. :-)

Jim O'Dell
07-15-2010, 4:30 PM
That is funny. I think lift gate fee was 32 or 33 dollars. Jim.

Ed Hazel
07-15-2010, 4:34 PM
I have had 4 Gizz deliveries they have all been UPS freight I paid for the lift gate service $30 to $40 range each time they used a pallet jack and moved the machine into my garage. My drive is paved. I usually give the delivery guy a tip if he has a good attitude.

My shop is 150 feet behind the house with no driveway to it I leave the machines on their pallet and put the machine and pallet on a piece of ply with a strap attached through a couple of holes and pull the whole thing out to my shop. I get some help to steady it if it is top heavy.

Paul Wunder
07-15-2010, 4:36 PM
I am in Connecticut and recently bought a G0555 band saw. I paid for the lift gate service and the freight driver offloaded the machine in the street and pushed it up my long steep paved driveway into my garage. He was very helpful. I didn't have to persuade him; he expected to provide that service.

Contrast this with a few years ago when I wanted buy a 1023 table saw, I told Grizzly about my driveway and asked if they would put the saw in my garage. After the freight company checked my location prior to my placing the order, they refused to deliver it as requested. They said that they couldn't use the lift gate on my driveway and that the table saw was too heavy to push up the driveway. I bought a Sears Zipcode saw instead and I have been a happy puppy. Incidentally, Sears not only delivered the saw to my home, but transported it up the driveway and then down the sloped grass to the opposite side of my house into my walkout basement. ...All for a $65.00 delivery charge. Not sure they would do that again (the saw weighed >400 lbs.

In my case Grizzly delivery to my home depends on the weight of the tool.

Erik Christensen
07-15-2010, 4:44 PM
here is SoCal the grizzly shipper is FedEx freight. lift gate is/was part of the standard shipping for that carrier as i remember (i don't think i paid extra for it via fedex). every time the driver used his pallet jack to roll the tool from the truck, up my driveway then to where ever in my shop I asked for.

the best was my 19" bandsaw that was too tall to fit under my garage door while on the pallet - I told the driver to just drop it in the driveway. he looked at the ominous sky overhead - said something like "nice tool - hate to see it get wet" - went to his truck - got his handcart - took saw off the pallet and tilted it under my garage door by himself (he didn't want me to help & get hurt - he was a beefy dude) and wheeled to my shop

fedex freight & grizzly totally rock

Cary Falk
07-15-2010, 4:46 PM
I had a G0513X2 delivered about 2 years ago. I paid $25 for liftgate. We have a very steep driveway and I was ready at the bottom of it with a 2 wheel dolly. The driver helped me pull it up the driveway.

Edit to add mine was delivered via FedEx freight.

glenn bradley
07-15-2010, 5:57 PM
My G0490X was delivered by FedEx Freight. The driver back a full-on semi and trailer right into my suburban driveway (which has quite an upward slope), Use a pallet jack to move the boxes onto the lift gate, lowered it a bit and back it right into my shop.

My G0440 was also delivered by FedEx Freight and the driver used a pallet jack to drag it up from the street. "Lift gate" charge on each delivery was $25. I'm in SoCal.

Kevin Gregoire
07-15-2010, 6:13 PM
i emailed grizzly to ask a few questions and here is their reply,
i did not ask about lift gate service.

The G0555 14" Bandsaw would ship via Saia from our Missouri warehouse. Upon leaving the warehouse, it will take approximately three to five business days for delivery.

Your address must be tractor-trailer accessible. This delivery is a curbside delivery, which means the driver will pull up to the curb and move the merchandise to the back of the truck. Truck drivers are also subject to a number of regulations, one of which is that they are not required to give any assistance in unloading. Please be prepared for this curbside delivery as you are responsible for unloading the item and placing it in your shop. This normally requires assistance. We do provide the trucking company with your telephone number, and it is their responsibility to notify you before delivery. Delivery will be made during normal business hours.

Saia offers a lift gate service for an additional $30 charge when it is ordered through Grizzly items. With this service, they will lower the merchandise to the ground for you at curbside. If you are interested in this service, please ask for further information when you place your order.

At the time of delivery, we ask that you please inspect the packaging for any signs of damage, including dents, tears, or holes. If you see any damage, please make sure to notate that on the paperwork the driver gives you to sign. If exterior damage is not noted, filing a freight claim for any damage to the machine can be difficult.
do all trucks have a lift gate? why pay extra to the freight company, why
not offer the driver a twenty to help move it or is that unethical???

Dave Wagner
07-15-2010, 6:18 PM
Not all tractor trailers have lift gates, I had mine delivered to a business, and it was a tractor trailer with no lift gate, they unloaded with a Fork Truck. I got the G1026 shaper, about 350#'s.

Steven Hsieh
07-15-2010, 6:54 PM
I had my dust collector shipped in UPS and G0555 Bandsaw in Fedex.
I paid life gate. The driver drop it where I wanted it to be. It was worth it. Los Angeles, CA.

Hans Braul
07-15-2010, 8:05 PM
I had a 12" jointer delivered to Kincardine Ontario (Canada) - I paid $350 including lift gate service. Shipping was by UPS, subcontracted to a local trucking company. No problems with delivery, and the guy put it exactly where I wanted it.
Hans

Chuck Saunders
07-15-2010, 8:41 PM
Everything that they have sent me was via SAIA. I picked them up a the terminal so I can't comment on the delivery.

Dave Lehnert
07-15-2010, 8:42 PM
What you have to understand is by law a truck driver only has to get your freight to the back of the trailer. But most will help anyway. Because they want to get down the road than watch you a a few friends take two hours to damage your shipment.
Because of the law you have to be ready to unload it yourself just in case.

David Helm
07-15-2010, 9:57 PM
So far, everything I have bought from Grizzly we have loaded on my pickup and I've taken it home. I do live in Bellingham and Grizzly is only 15 minutes from my house. The shipping guys at Grizzly have been very helpful.

Jim Finn
07-15-2010, 10:01 PM
I once had a delivery of a bunch of building materials including a 350 pound saw (not from Grizzly) Came on a big truck with a fork truck on it. The guy was not allowed to drive in our alley ( by law) with his rig so after giving him a $20 he unloaded all of the stuff and drove down the alley each trip about 1/2 a block with the fork lift. Put it in my garage. Amazing what a $20 will do.

Jim Rimmer
07-15-2010, 10:02 PM
My TS came UPS and my BS came SAIA. In both cases the drivers were terrific guys. They helped me lower the saws from the truck into my pickup which I backed up to the garage and then they helped me lower them to the ground.

Matt Kestenbaum
07-15-2010, 10:18 PM
I paid for the lift gate service on my G0490 jointer purchase and the first attempt at delivery the driver (UPS Freight...a contractor though) was in a semi with no gate...stopping traffic in front of my house with the horns honking (I live on a somewhat busy road), he wanted very badly to try and slide it off the deck and stand the iron half (top in crate) on the bed end! I said no F'ing Way! So he drove off and I called Grizzly to complain.

Later that day the distribution center (UPS Freight dispatch) called to apologize and when I told them I was taking the morning off to handle this, they said they were working on a second attempt later that day. THe second attemp was much better...smaller truck with a lift gate. I told the driver he should back up my driveway 180 yrds. and we could more easily deposit it in my garage. He said that UPS prohibits their trucks on residential driveway due to weight and pavement damage. I pointed out the rather rough condition of my asphalt driveway and the long haul to make with a pallet jack. Another conversation with dispatch and up the driveway we went. After lowering it on the gate he used the jack to maneuver around my garage. He hung around while I popped the steel straps to inspect for visible damage (the wood crate was not, shall we say, in the best of condition).

The driver got $30 for making the extra effort and persuading dispatch that my driveway was not at risk for spoilage. Then he offered to buy the washer dryer sleeping in the back of the garage...he loaded them up and gave me my $30 (and another $50) back, used the jack to load the appliances and off he went.

Of course once the straps were cut the crate pretty much exploded and disintegrated on the spot. Getting from the staging area in the garage, across the yard 100 yds, through the bilco doors, and down the steps to the basement shop is another story.

Jim Andrew
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Last time I ordered from Grizzly, I had them put my cell # on the invoice so the truck driver could give me a call. They sent it via a local trucking company, and the driver called and I met him with my skidsteer and forks. Just picked it out of the back of the truck and drove it into my shop.

Rich Noterman
07-16-2010, 9:49 AM
I ordered a jointer back in Jan. and a Band saw last month. Both times they were shipped by SAIA and both times the driver was very helpful with the unloading, by hand no lift gate.

Paul Johnstone
07-16-2010, 10:14 AM
What you have to understand is by law a truck driver only has to get your freight to the back of the trailer. But most will help anyway. Because they want to get down the road than watch you a a few friends take two hours to damage your shipment.
Because of the law you have to be ready to unload it yourself just in case.

Yes, most of the drivers are great guys, but you need to be prepared.
I had a very heavy delivery once.. The driver was in his 60's and was really physically unable to do much. There was a liftgate and they already had it strapped to the pallet lifter.. I had to get in, push it to the liftgate and get it into the garage myself.. No big deal.. but like I said, you need to be prepared. You can't really count on the driver to do anything, although most will help.

Louie Ballis
07-16-2010, 10:17 AM
I've had three seperate deliviers from gizz. all 3 came via UPS frieght. I think that I paid around 40 dollars for the lift gate.

All deliveries were very smooth and the last one which was a 1023 tablesaw the driver even placed it in my shop!!! Although he was only required to get to the street in front of my shop; saving me about 100 feet of driveway I would have had to dolly the machine up. (Me, not being home, and my visibly pregnant wife, along with some drizzley rain might have something to do with it.

Doug Donnell
07-16-2010, 2:12 PM
I live northeast of Atlanta in northern Gwinnett county. I have ordered two machines from Grizzly, bandsaw and 8" jointer. I both cases I told the shipping company that I would pick the crates up at their depot.
This way I can control when I go, and not have to take off extended time waiting during a delivery window. My house is also in a subdivision on a cul-de-sac and it would be a pain for the truck. Add in the driveway, through the fence to the backyard and to my shop, and it easier to use my own pickup.
For the bandsaw I just backed my truck up to the double doors and slid the crate down loading ramps to the floor. For the jointer I was a little nervous. The crate with the base was nothing but the jointer itself was heavy. My wife and I slid it out of the pickup and on to 3 sawhorses. I disassembled the crate around it and rented an engine hoist to lift it, pull the sawhorses out, roll the base under, and done. Easist part of the assembly.
Just having the control of picking the crates up on my schedule and being able to back up to my shop without rehandling the crates means more to me than the 20 minutes it takes to drive to the depot and have them load it in my truck. Just my preference.

Charles Davis
07-16-2010, 3:20 PM
I'm a big fan of Grizzly... in the past couple years I've outfitted much of my shop with their tools... drum sander, spindle sander, cyclone, jointer, mortiser, and even a workbench (which is a great buy)... they used a variety of local delivery people.. most of the time the drivers were great... rolling up tool up to and in the garage with a pallet jack... I paid for lift gate a couple times but took my chances other times and they had a lift gate anyway... had two nightmare deliveries... one with an unscrupulous driver... and the other when the packaging didn't arrive with the shipment (it was the workbench)... the driver and myself spent a half hour collecting parts (even the hardware bags had opened)... and the bench top was damaged which I just lived with since, well, it's a workbench.

The one constant was superior customer service with Grizzly... they replaced lost and damaged parts without hesitation.

If you want peace of mind... pay for liftgate... contact the local shipper and give the driver your phone... and note any damage on the shippers invoice

eugene thomas
07-16-2010, 6:24 PM
the first tools i ordered from grizzly no lift gate but the driver helped me unload everything and carry to my basement. had jointer, table saw and 2hp dust collector delivered. Made me think that was the norm, boy did i find out i had great driver. most of the rest halled stuff to the end of truck and told me to have fun. now i pay the $30 extra and let them drop on ground and place in shop where i want... much easier.

Joe Wiliams
07-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Had a 513P bandsaw delivered to my home on a dead end street by FedEx Freight. I didn't ask for a liftgate but I did ask if the truck would have one and it did.

The driver said he had never delivered a bandsaw before and wasn't really interested in helping out but he had plenty of suggestions on how I should transport the saw back to my shop:rolleyes:

Dave Lehnert
07-16-2010, 11:45 PM
One thing with Grizzly. When you place your order you better be ready for it. It will be on your doorstep in a flash.

Cliff Holmes
07-17-2010, 6:17 AM
... Grizzly is only 15 minutes from my house

Thank the Lord that I don't live that close. A) I'd never be home during business hours and B) I'd be broke.

Luther Oswalt
07-17-2010, 8:14 AM
All my deliveries from Grizzly have been picked up at the Trucking (UPS Freight) Yard ... in the case of the GO 490 it did the same thing as Matt's ... (Of course once the straps were cut the crate pretty much exploded and disintegrated on the spot.) ... My driveway is long and unpaved with many tight curves ... so I always pick up bigger items at the Truck Depot ... I have a small John Deere with a Front End Loader so that really helps. It really help to lift the jointer bed into place!
Leo

Neil Davie
07-17-2010, 9:13 AM
I have had many tools delivered from Grizzly over the years, and never requested lift gate service. They always had it anyway. At my present home, a semi can't negotiate the front gate of the subdivision, so I arrange to meet them outside with my trailer. If they didn't have a lift gate, my ramps would provide an alternate means.

ken gibbs
07-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I had the Griz delivery guy set my G0555 bandsaw into the bed of my pickup. I backed my pickup up to the back door of the semi and slid it down tomy pickup. I backed the pickup into the garage and used some scrap plywood as a ramp off of the tailgate. Leave the machine on the pallet while you assemble the mobile base and the machine will slide onto the mobile base. Works every time and no strain on your back. P.S. Get your big feet out of the way pf the box when sliding it down the ramp. By some cold beer for your buddies and get thiem to offer advice while you work.

Guy Belleman
07-17-2010, 4:47 PM
Three summers ago I purchased the 0513X bandsaw. Grizzly sent via a trucking company that used an 18-wheeler, which would never make it down my dirt road, so I met the truck nearby. The driver was very helpful in loading it into my trailer. Then two of us were able to slide it out of the trailer and stand it up in the garage.

Last summer I purchased the 0490X jointer and 0690 TS. Lift gate service was not available at my location, so I went to the UPS distribution center 60 miles away. They used their forklift to load everything. Getting those items out of the trailer was tougher, but the 14 year-old son and myself were able to use pipe to roll them out and into the garage. Lifting the planer up onto its base was a two strongman job.

I have been happy with Grizzly shipping. There have been no surprises.

Kevin Gregoire
08-05-2010, 2:46 PM
well i got my saw last week from grizzly, and i did order lift gate service but didnt need it since the truck that came didnt have one on it. but the driver was pretty strong and slowly lowered the saw out the back of his trailer down to the street where he put it on his hand cart and took it up my driveway and around back of my house to my shop, up a small step and set it down in the middle of my shop.
then we chatted a few minutes and he was on his way! a very nice fellow and very strong as i didnt have to lift a finger which is good as i have arthritis all over and im very limited in what i can do and lift.

so that was the good part of my grizzly experience, the bad part came after i opened the box and started sorting stuff out. top door was bent out and bottom door was caved in and down and one panel of the base had a big scratch in it.
it was a bummer about both doors but grizzly has new ones coming and i said not to worry about the scratch on the base, its not to visible so no big deal.

once the parts arrive and i get them installed and get the BS up and running i will be a happy camper. but even with the damaged parts they were on top of it after i called in and stuff was shipped out right away and hopefully here before the weekend.

A+ so far!

Ted Baxter
10-12-2017, 9:10 AM
I have had two machines delivered from Grizzly to my home in Tulsa Ok. They were delived by SAIA. I paid $34.00 for left gate service which is to the street only.

In both delivery's the driver used a pallet jack and pushed it up my driveway and into my shop.

My offer of a tip was refused both times couldn't be happer.

Bill Serino
10-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Bandsaw came ups freight. Ups guy unloaded at curb and with the pallet jack we pulled it into the garage. It was on a pallet of course and actually would have slid easy.

Drill press came by normal ups.

Oscillating spindle sander also came by regular ups.

Arizona, suburbs.

Leo Graywacz
10-12-2017, 10:40 AM
I got a Grizzly G0611X, it came by UPS. I didn't want to wait over the weekend to get it delivered because I could have had all my drawers in the kitchen made by then. So I picked it up in my pickup truck. Then used a forklift to put it in and I used a forklift to get it back out. Soon after it was on a mobile cart.

John Lanciani
10-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Another zombie awakens...

Jim Finn
10-12-2017, 4:06 PM
why
not offer the driver a twenty to help move it or is that unethical???
This is what I do and it works wonders! Drivers expect this I think.

Rick Moyer
10-12-2017, 4:34 PM
Another zombie awakens...
Kevin, did you get the cosmoline off your 7 year-old saw yet? :D

rudy de haas
10-12-2017, 4:42 PM
I'm a big fan of Grizzly and UPS-USA - but live in Canada and UPS here is a whole different animal. A few years ago I tried to buy a range of tools (saw, planer, jointer) from Grizzly but they refused to accept responsibility for delivery while insisting it had to be done by UPS. The problem I've had with UPS here is that the customs and brokerage fees seem variable and correspondingly unpredictable. So you have to pay the driver whatever UPS demands at the time of delivery because otherwise your prepaid product shipment disappears into never never land but appealing the amount to UPS after you pay it gets you nowhere. Bottom line: I told grizzly that if they specified UPS, they should be willing to guarantee a price FOD (freight on my driveway :) ) but they wouldn't do it so I didn't buy their stuff (and I wanted to).

Rick Potter
10-12-2017, 5:17 PM
I know it is an old thread, but I read every post again, since I have a 623 slider that is being shipped this week. Doing my happy dance to pray for no damage.

Jim Becker
10-12-2017, 8:32 PM
Thread was resurrected by a spammer...

Jim Andrew
10-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Last time I ordered from Grizzly, gave them my cell number, and when the trucking company called, I had them meet me at the local Coop elevator, where they have a forklift. I had the machine loaded onto my tilt bed trailer, and backed it into the door of my shop when I got home. 2 mile trip.

Chris Hachet
10-13-2017, 3:55 PM
Bandsaw came ups freight. Ups guy unloaded at curb and with the pallet jack we pulled it into the garage. It was on a pallet of course and actually would have slid easy. Drill press came by normal ups. Oscillating spindle sander also came by regular ups. Arizona, suburbs.Good to know you had a good experience. Still thinking of buying a planer from Grizzly.

william walton
10-14-2017, 1:45 AM
About two weeks ago i ordered a GO833P table saw; it was delivered within a week and even though i unwrapped it i didn't notice the damage til the drivers were gone. It had been hit and the trunnion was out of it's groove. i finally got it picked up for return last Friday. Today was the day the new saw was scheduled for delivery (5 hour window). Didn't show up now i don't know if it's coming Sat or Mon. For some reason I can't get anything done while I'm waiting. I'm planning on ordering a 72" toolbox next week but am not looking forward to the delivery process. So I've been available for two deliveries and one pickup so far ; tipped $20 and still don't have a saw.

Grizzly customer service has been good though; I took pictures of the damage and they took care of everything else. I'm in Louisville and UPS did the delivery (with liftgate service)

Rick Potter
10-14-2017, 3:03 AM
Just got an e-mail. My 623 slider saw shipped the 13th. UPS freight. Hope I have better luck than William. I figure it might arrive on Monday, the 16th, which happens to be my birthday:D.

Ordered it Sept. 29, and asked them to hold it as long as they could (10 days), so I could sell my old saw. It sold quickly, and a spot is all cleaned up and ready in the shop.

Keith Outten
10-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Shipping is a nightmare. The majority of the damage to machines for several years has been irresponsible shipping companies.

I need to ship a 27" iMac computer to Texas and I can't think of a safe way to ship it. The last item I shipped I built a really tough wooden box and UPS ran over it with a forklift and totally destroyed the box and the contents. To make matters worse they refused to pay for the item and would not even refund my shipping fee.

Matt Day
10-14-2017, 7:49 PM
Keith, you insured it for it’s replacement value right?

Ed Labadie
10-15-2017, 12:30 AM
The delivery trucks/trailers are pretty much all equipped with liftgates, they don't send a different truck if you don't pay for it.

My Oneida dust ape came via UPS freight, no liftgate charge, I have a Bobcat.....met the driver at the road, "I'll get the loader", before I got there with it, he used the liftgate/pallet jack to set everything in the driveway. :p

Picked up my shaper at the ABF terminal, only a mile from work, figured it was one less truck & chance for it to get damaged. When they called to schedule delivery, told them I'll pick it up.

Ed

Charles P. Wright
10-16-2017, 8:42 AM
I picked my jointer up at the ABF terminal. Used a drop deck trailer from Sunbelt; which made things very easy. I was able to unload it in my driveway by myself. Drivers aren't going to want to use a pallet jack with a 1000lb. machine down my 100' sloping driveway. The next day I had 4 guys help leapfrog it on plywood around the back of my house to the walk out basement. It's amazing what levers and a pallet jack can do.

Tim M Tuttle
10-17-2017, 1:06 PM
I've read a few posts in this thread mentioned just rolling the item off of the pallet. How do these items roll off of the pallet? Never received an item this large or via freight so I am guessing I might be in for a bit of an adventure.

rudy de haas
10-17-2017, 1:47 PM
Your laugh for today

We need to buy a bathtub so I priced a Kohler K 847-0 (66" x 32" x ~15.5 - cast iron, 400 pounds). It's $3,300 on amazon.ca; $1700 9USD = about $2,370 canabucks) on amazon.com with Free Shipping and a claim that "Ships to Canada". Yeah!! save a thousand bucks right? Sadly, it's not free to Canada as the actual shipping quote was.. .. .. $6,574.25 . :)

scott vroom
10-17-2017, 3:19 PM
I've received 4 Grizzly deliveries, 2 from Felder, as well as a number of other heavy deliveries when I was in the remodeling business. I've never paid for liftgate service and have never received a heavy delivery from a truck that wasn't equipped with a liftgate. Personally I think paying extra for liftgate service is a scam.

Rick Potter
10-19-2017, 2:50 AM
My 623 Grizzly slider arrived today, after a bit of delay, but it seems to have no damage that I can see. The crate is starting to fall apart, but no apparent hits or falls. I will unwrap it tomorrow.

The driver, 45" trailer truck, parked in the middle of my cul-de-sac, off loaded it with the lift gate, and he and I muscled it up my driveway into the garage using a pallet jack. I tipped him $20 and he said very few people would have helped. He tried to refuse the tip, but my charm won him over.

I have a HF hoist in the garage, I will use to get it unpacked.

Whoopee.

Matt Kievit
10-19-2017, 10:02 PM
Apparently, I'm the only one with an issue. Mine (G0691 saw and dust collection) came UPS Freight. Called and made an appointment - between 2 and 5 the Friday before Labor Day, so I took a half day off of work. 5:15 comes, and no truck. Called UPS, oh, there was a problem with the truck, can't deliver, and we'll need to reschedule. Great, no saw setup that long weekend. Told them I'd have to get back with them about delivery as I'd have to take time off work.

So..... Tuesday, I get home late, about 8:30 PM, and find my saw and boxes sitting in the yard at the bottom of my driveway. It had drizzled that day, but luckily the boxes weren't wet. But I did have to drag them up my unpaved driveway (~100 yards) so that nobody picked them up over night... Or the next day.

So... Now I have to take ANOTHER day off to sit and wait for them to come and get it (they're not responsible if I leave it by the road for them to pickup). I wonder if they're responsible if they leave it there when I'm not home and somebody picks it up... ???

Maybe I'm a little too picky, but I paid almost $2000 after shipping for this saw. I want one with no scratches, dents, dings, scrapes, etc...

This is my $1900 saw... Sorry about the picture quality. It was a little dark that night.

This is what the pallet looked like after I took the saw off. I blame Grizzly for the crappy pallet.

Matt Kievit
10-19-2017, 10:04 PM
I shipped a Jeep windshield frame to Utah one time, and the frame (which I can stand on in the middle and not bend) was bent ~30° - KINKED, actually - during shipping, and they blamed it on my packaging. UPS.

william walton
10-19-2017, 11:50 PM
About two weeks ago i ordered a GO833P table saw; it was delivered within a week and even though i unwrapped it i didn't notice the damage til the drivers were gone. It had been hit and the trunnion was out of it's groove. i finally got it picked up for return last Friday. Today was the day the new saw was scheduled for delivery (5 hour window). Didn't show up now i don't know if it's coming Sat or Mon. For some reason I can't get anything done while I'm waiting. I'm planning on ordering a 72" toolbox next week but am not looking forward to the delivery process. So I've been available for two deliveries and one pickup so far ; tipped $20 and still don't have a saw.

Grizzly customer service has been good though; I took pictures of the damage and they took care of everything else. I'm in Louisville and UPS did the delivery (with liftgate service)

Update: The saw came on Monday after a re-schedule. This time one driver who with my help brought it in to the back and into the garage. No damage this time and he wouldn't accept $20. Still getting around to cleaning it up and checking alignment etc. So far looking great. I didn't put an indicator on it yet, but with feeler gauges the blade to miter slot looks to be out only about .010. Tomorrow I'm meeting another Grizzly delivery of 72" toolbox. Hoping all is well and no damage.

Tim M Tuttle
10-20-2017, 11:08 AM
I ordered a Steelex jointer from a dealer on eBay on Tuesday. They emailed after the order was placed and told me that they would be in contact when the item shipped. I hadnt heard anything so yesterday and reached out for an update. They said it can take 2-3 days for the item to ship and a tracking number would be created and sent to me when it did ship.

Fast forward to this morning, I had coincidentally taken the day off, and my doorbell rang at 8:30. It was UPS freight and they had my jointer. Opened my garage and the guy, unprompted, wheeled it right in with a pallet jack.

Zero damage to any of the packing materials. I had seen quite a few pictures of destroyed pallets and boxes and was pleasantly surprised at the well packed and unharmed packaging.

I gave the driver a $20 and he was on his way. Less than a 5 minute ordeal.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Tim that is always what my experiences have been! Glad it arrived and delivered in good shape! May it serve you well!