PDA

View Full Version : Electric Razor Question

Belinda Barfield
07-15-2010, 1:28 PM
Does anyone have any idea why ladies electric razors don't have those rotary head thingies? I'm just curious. Shaving kneecaps would be a whole lot easier if they did.

David G Baker
07-15-2010, 3:15 PM
Belinda,
I have wondered the same thing. The rotary head razors can irritate the skin and do not do a good job of cutting hair if it grows a little long.
I have always wondered why the ladies in my life don't try a man's razor. I have been using a Norelco triple head razor for years and have offered it to them but they have all refused. It doesn't really do that good of a job on my face, if I want a close shave I shave first with the Norelco and finish with one of the new 5 blade Gillette razors.

Derek Gilmer
07-15-2010, 3:51 PM
Belinda,
I have wondered the same thing. The rotary head razors can irritate the skin and do not do a good job of cutting hair if it grows a little long.
I have always wondered why the ladies in my life don't try a man's razor. I have been using a Norelco triple head razor for years and have offered it to them but they have all refused. It doesn't really do that good of a job on my face, if I want a close shave I shave first with the Norelco and finish with one of the new 5 blade Gillette razors.
+1 My wife discovered quickly that my used mach 3 razors were still working better than most razors she bought new. Maybe I have baby skin on my face but once I've used one enough to where it starts to irritate me it has quite a bit of life left in it for leg shaving.

Art Mulder
07-15-2010, 3:54 PM
I have no personal experience... :p But my understanding is that it is both a different kind of skin but also a different kind of hair.

On the other hand different guys have different toughness of beard, so maybe that understanding was based on bad information... :confused:

...art (still uses a Gillette Trac-II...)

Belinda Barfield
07-15-2010, 4:03 PM
Any of you guys ever considered getting a face wax? You could probably go for a week or so without shaving.

Mike Cutler
07-15-2010, 4:13 PM
I have no personal experience... :p

Well, uhh,,, as a guy I might have a little experience shaving legs.
I, uhh,, did it for 25+ years.:eek: I lalways found a razor worked better than an electric.

It's Okay though. Honest! I was a bicyclist and shaved legs facilitate sports massage, and when you crash you just sort of slide along the pavement and burn, instead of having the hair get caught in the asphalt and rip out skin.

So, uhh... How 'bout those Bears.:D

Belinda Barfield
07-15-2010, 4:28 PM
I, uhh,, did it for 25+ years.:eek: I lalways found a razor worked better than an electric.

It's Okay though. Honest! I was a bicyclist and shaved legs facilitate sports massage, and when you crash you just sort of slide along the pavement and burn, instead of having the hair get caught in the asphalt and rip out skin.

I gotta' say, Mike, it takes a real man to admit to leg shaving experience!

I just don't get that all women's electric razors seem to hit about a quarter of an inch of skin on any given pass. If they could be made flexible somehow it wouldn't take me an hour to take care of my legs! Maybe I should move somewhere that it's really cold.

Charlie Reals
07-15-2010, 4:31 PM

Oh what the hell, most serious body builders have been shaving all body hair for years. No big.:D:D I knew a couple of guys at golds gym in Oakland who shaved it all with a strait razor with help on the back. Lord knows I miss the days of a barber shave.

Charlie Reals
07-15-2010, 4:57 PM
Any of you guys ever considered getting a face wax? You could probably go for a week or so without shaving.

No, butt in a moment of whatever name one might put to it, I allowed a grandaughter who was in beauty school to wax my eye brows. We never did that again AND she still waves a jar of wax at me and roflhao.

David G Baker
07-15-2010, 5:56 PM
Belinda,
You have another choice than cold country. Hairy legs on women are common at Berkeley Campus in California.
You can shoot me but never wax my face or body cause I am too big a wimp. :D

Belinda Barfield
07-15-2010, 9:12 PM
Belinda,
You have another choice than cold country. Hairy legs on women are common at Berkeley Campus in California.
You can shoot me but never wax my face or body cause I am too big a wimp. :D

Berkley . . . somewhere you will never find me!

Bill Cunningham
07-15-2010, 9:23 PM
Gad!!! Women MUST be a lot tougher than men.. I could just cringe and roll into a fetal position thinking about someone ripping a brazilian hair clump from the........:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bruce Page
07-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Belinda, how about this? Remington Women's Rotary Shaver (http://www.amazon.com/Remington-WR5000-Smooth-SpinFlex-Womens/dp/B000KKPBFO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1279243886&sr=1-4)

Belinda Barfield
07-16-2010, 7:00 AM
Thanks, Bruce. I read the reviews. I guess no razor is perfect but this one sounds pretty good.

Now, the question of the day . . . Did Santa ride a Remington or a Norelco? I think it was Norelco.