PDA

View Full Version : Summer is almost over... That means.....

Mitchell Andrus
07-15-2010, 8:42 AM
Christmas!

The patio sets are disappearing from the stores... in a few days......

It's Christmas!

Yes friends, we're about to be bombarded like never before and earlier than usual.

Christmas starts in August this year!

Christmas clearance sales begin October 1. Post-Christmas savings from December 26 through July 30...... sigh.

I'm gonna vomit.

Zach England
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
thought this thread was going to be about football...very disappointed...humbug

Brian Brown
07-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm gonna vomit.

Never thought I'd say this about vomit, but.... "I think I'll join you."

Belinda Barfield
07-15-2010, 1:01 PM
Thank goodness I'm not alone . . . I thought I was the only one burnt out on Jingle Bells by Halloween.

Funny, Mitchell, just the other day I made the comment that it was already time to start thinking about lasering Christmas stuff,

Mitchell Andrus
07-15-2010, 1:21 PM
Bah! They'll work on football next year...

Starting today........

Jingle those bells.... it's Christmas!!!!

New Avatar

Butch Edwards
07-15-2010, 6:45 PM
Thank goodness I'm not alone . . . I thought I was the only one burnt out on Jingle Bells by Halloween.

Funny, Mitchell, just the other day I made the comment that it was already time to start thinking about lasering Christmas stuff,

actually..I've started buying gifts already...:D

but I don't wanna hear JB for a copuple monts yet...:rolleyes:

Paul Ryan
07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
thought this thread was going to be about football...very disappointed...humbug

I agree, soon it will be "the most wonderful time of the year," football and hunting what else is there.

John Pratt
07-19-2010, 3:06 PM
It is sometimes scary the things that Mitchell comes up with.

News today.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=11199080

Belinda Barfield
07-19-2010, 3:24 PM
It is sometimes scary the things that Mitchell comes up with.

News today.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=11199080

That's why I always wear my aluminum foil beret when interacting with Mitchell.:D

Mitchell Andrus
07-19-2010, 4:03 PM
That's why I always wear my aluminum foil beret when interacting with Mitchell.:D

I do Bar Mitzvahs, birthdays, retirement parties....

Garth Keel
07-20-2010, 12:37 PM
why I was thinking about putting a Christmas album on the cd player in the shop just yesterday! :eek:

Good thing I was able to overcome the urge.

Don Alexander
07-20-2010, 12:42 PM
well it sure as heck ain't snowing so i guess "i'm dreaming of a white Christmas" will have to be rewritten or something :D:D

Belinda Barfield
07-20-2010, 12:55 PM
For some bizarre reason I get the Christmas spirit around mid August. I catch myself humming Christmas tunes. I have good intentions and get all fired up to start buying gifts . . . and then I don't. I always shop online the weekend of Thanksgiving.

Mitchell Andrus
07-20-2010, 4:40 PM
For some bizarre reason I get the Christmas spirit around mid August. I catch myself humming Christmas tunes. I have good intentions and get all fired up to start buying gifts . . . and then I don't. I always shop online the weekend of Thanksgiving.

When the kids were young, I'd stock stuff away all year. When the 'magic time' drew near (September) and the stores started decking the malls, I'd be all done and avoid the spectacle.

Belinda Barfield
07-20-2010, 4:59 PM
When the kids were young, I'd stock stuff away all year. When the 'magic time' drew near (September) and the stores started decking the malls, I'd be all done and avoid the spectacle.

I used to do that Mitchell, but then I started discovering things in odd places and thinking, "Where did this come from?", and then remembering it was a Christmas gift for great aunt Ida two years ago, having completely forgotten where I hid it from myself.

Zach England
07-20-2010, 5:37 PM
I start getting the christmas spirit around christmas morning, lasts about 10 seconds and I am back to my regular grumpy self.