PDA

View Full Version : What are they feeding this dog?

Cliff Holmes
07-14-2010, 8:52 PM
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/tls/1842928514.html

Van Huskey
07-14-2010, 9:09 PM
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/tls/1842928514.html

Better be glad it wasn't my dog, he goes for what seems like 15 minutes. In about a week he would just have the beds sitting on the floor. Could probably get some more cash if he would bother to get some paint from PM and not make it look like, well what it is.

Peter Quinn
07-14-2010, 9:29 PM
I just laughed so hard I spit out my teeth. I don't know whats funnier, the fact that the gentleman found the need to sand and paint a metal base due to dog pee, or the candor with which he has described the reason for the defect. Thanks for that laugh. It takes all types I guess.

Mike Cruz
07-14-2010, 9:45 PM
Funny how #1 can make something look like #2!

Van, while my dog was on Prednisone (sp?) he had to relieve himself often and, well, for lengthy time intervals spanning upwards of 2, yes, count them, 2 minutes! Yes, I timed him...;)...because it was getting almost comical...well, for me at least. And, no, I wasn't being cruel. He was going every couple of hours. When he went to the door, I let him go outside to go outside, so he wouldn't go on the door. :D

Van Huskey
07-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Funny how #1 can make something look like #2!

Van, while my dog was on Prednisone (sp?) he had to relieve himself often and, well, for lengthy time intervals spanning upwards of 2, yes, count them, 2 minutes! Yes, I timed him...;)...because it was getting almost comical...well, for me at least. And, no, I wasn't being cruel. He was going every couple of hours. When he went to the door, I let him go outside to go outside, so he wouldn't go on the door. :D

:D I have a dog that can go #1 and #2 at the same time, balancing on three legs, howling at the closest unknown animal (which could be miles away based on his nose...).

Rick Markham
07-14-2010, 11:53 PM
:D I have a dog that can go #1 and #2 at the same time, balancing on three legs, howling at the closest unknown animal (which could be miles away based on his nose...).

Now that is multi tasking at it's finest!!!

Mike Cruz
07-15-2010, 6:20 AM
While neither of mine do both at the same time, the male recently lifted his leg, then faked me out with a #2...with his leg up! :confused: I scratched my head at that one for a while.

Rod Sheridan
07-15-2010, 9:09 AM
A little dog urine on a planer base?

That's it?

I've a better story.

I had a Doberman urinate on the top of my 17" band saw, not the table, the top of the upper wheel housing.

I hadn't been in the shop for a couple of months, when I went to use my band saw. It had what looked like dried orange juice on the front of the upper wheel cover, the blade support arm and the table.

While I was trying to figure out what had happened I looked up and noticed that it had dripped from the HVAC duct above the saw.

A bit of investigation determined that we had looked after a Doberman for two weeks the month before and he urinated in the living room floor boot.

The urine ran down the duct, dripped out at a joint directly over my band saw.

Replaced the floor boot, ducting, and blade support bearings, the remainder of the saw was cleaned up with hot soapy water.

When I asked at the bearing supply place if these bearings were urine proof the guy at the counter gave me a weird look.

So a bit of dog urine on a machine base, big deal. How many of you had a dog that could urinate on the top of a 17" band saw?

Regards, Rod.

Ed Harrow
07-15-2010, 10:28 PM
... How many of you had a dog that could urinate on the top of a 17" band saw?

Regards, Rod.

Humph. ;) We had an 8 year old foster child that could (and did) urinate on top of my table saw. He didn't use a ladder, either. His trick was using his bedroom closet as his own, personal urinal.

John Pratt
07-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks guys, I haven't laughed this hard in a while.