PDA

View Full Version : Zingers

Marvin Ford
07-14-2010, 6:56 PM
I have a 10" Makita SCMS and absolutely love it. Although, often times it has a tendency to shoot small cutoffs across the room. Any thoughts on how to stop this? I call them "Zingers".

Van Huskey
07-14-2010, 7:01 PM
Oh man thought of Dolly Madison Zingers snack cakes from my youth. OK not quite back to my youth, maybe last week... :(

Never found a way to stop small scraps from flying, though I admit I have never given it much thought.

Marvin Ford
07-14-2010, 7:05 PM
I have a bassett hound shop dog that gets really nervous when I use this saw. Does not like "Zingers", Dolly Madison or otherwise...;)

Joe Scharle
07-14-2010, 7:07 PM
Bit of blue tape before you cut; just layed across the cutoff and table. Doesn't need to be neat or tight.

Marvin Ford
07-14-2010, 7:10 PM
Thanks Joe. My bassett hound Roscoe and I thank you very much...:D

Steve Rowe
07-14-2010, 8:28 PM
Or allow the blade to come to a full stop before letting it come up again. I have found that the retraction has more of a tendency to shoot offcuts because it is dancing around the blade loose and fancy free.

Will Overton
07-14-2010, 8:34 PM
Or allow the blade to come to a full stop before letting it come up again. I have found that the retraction has more of a tendency to shoot offcuts because it is dancing around the blade loose and fancy free.

+1
I always thought that was the proper way to use a miter saw. My Bosch has a brake and stops almost instantly.