PDA

View Full Version : Incra Miter Gauge - Shop Made Stop

glenn bradley
07-12-2010, 9:13 PM
Several posts here about Incra miter gauges made me realize (again) how different we are and how differently we approach our work. What seems llike a good idea to one may seem like a waste of time to another. All that being said;

I solved my version of a few different problems reported by different folks. I did apply sandpaper to my miter gauge fence but, I also wanted a greater surface area so I turned it around:

Another member (here?) had acquired some L-knob caps that fit the Incra hex head bolts and I was lucky enough to get some. This makes adjustment of the telescoping mechanism a lot less fussy:

Some scrap ash and a visit to the jig parts drawer yielded a short piece of the Incra toothed plastic strip and a bolt, washer and knob:

It goes together like so and when in use I still get the benefit of the 1/32" toothed reference strip when adjusting:

Works for me. For you? Maybe, maybe not ;-)

P.s. No, I'm not advertising shedua; that just happened to be the piece left over from a longer board that was high up on the rack ;-))

Gary Muto
07-13-2010, 7:04 AM
Nice post. Thanks for taking the time. I mounted my fence the same way that you have your mounted. I never knew it was backwards. I guess I was unencumbered by the directions.

Bill White
07-13-2010, 1:04 PM
Where'd ya find the "L" knobs?
Bill