PDA

View Full Version : Wynn Envionmental Dust Collection Hose

Keith Outten
07-12-2010, 6:57 PM
I received the Dust Collection hose for my new Stinger from Wynn Environmental. This is the very best hose I have found for CNC machines. I tried several types of hose, the 4" clear Urethane 0.020" hose from Wynn Environmental is the absolute best hose for the job.

The 25 feet of hose is Item Number 04UC20F and lists for $98.00

This hose doesn't collapse and will wear like iron, I have been using the first hose I ordered from them for more than a year. I had contacted Mr Wynn when I finally got frustrated with my previous hose and its poor performance. He understood the problems I was experiencing and suggested the urethane hose would solve the contraction issue and provide the necessary steel spiral to bleed off any static. He was dead on, the hose he shipped me was perfect so when I needed another piece of hose, for the Stinger that is on order, there was only one place to go :)

Save yourself some frustration and grief and get the good stuff designed for the job at hand. I spent way too much money and time purchasing hose that was cheap and of poor quality in the past......I have learned a thing or two about hose :)

www.WynnEnv.com

Curt Harms
07-13-2010, 8:32 AM
Wynn's primary market is industrial customers so they don't carry "consumer grade" stuff. Their office is about 10 miles from me and I stopped there to pick up some bags. Nice folks to talk to.

Chuck Saunders
07-13-2010, 8:55 AM
I live no where near them and they were extremely helpful with my hose order. Worthy of recommendation.

John McClanahan
07-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Keith, from the picture, this hose looks quite a bit more flexible than common dust collector hose, correct?

John

Curt Harms
07-22-2010, 8:44 AM
Keith, from the picture, this hose looks quite a bit more flexible than common dust collector hose, correct?

John
Not Keith but the one I have is more flexible and doesn't kink when in tighter turns. I also have a Jet branded 6" hose from Amazon. Both are good quality hoses.

Keith Outten
07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
John,

The 0.020" Urethane hose is very flexible yet it doesn't have the tendency to collapse when the vacuum is running which means it doesn't put any stress or twist on my CNC Routers Y Carriage. This is just one of those applications that you need the perfect hose for the job and nothing else will do. The bonus is how well this hose takes care of static and how well it wears.

The 0.030" Urethane hose is a different story altogether but made for another purpose.

John McClanahan
07-22-2010, 7:05 PM
Thanks, Keith. I'm building a CNC router and dust collection is one of the things I will need to address, after the wiring is completed.

John

Mick A Martin
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
My new Wynn Environmental 25 feet of hose, Item Number 04UC20 arrived today.

Thanks Keith for the link.

Mick

Keith Outten
09-29-2010, 8:02 AM
Mick,

I finally got my DC hose installed on my Stinger II. I still need to do a bit of adjusting but for the most part the machine is ready to go.