PDA

View Full Version : Please donate to the save a mustard monster fund

Stephen Saar
07-11-2010, 9:51 PM
I'm here on behalf of the Save a Mustard Monster (SAMM) Foundation, and I would like to speak to you about an issue that affects everyone. No one wants to talk about it, but if there's not discussion things will never improve. I'm speaking of course about Monster abuse. I know that no one wants to imagine that Monster abuse occurs, but it does, and if we don't do something about it, the abuse will just continue. Why just today, I found an abused Monster just sitting in a garage, it had been neglected and abused. It's owner had hardly used it, and just let it sit there and rust, and for only 1,300 dollars I was able to purchase it from it's abusive owner and put it in a good home. It just finished it's 12 step program and it's ready to show the world what it can do. I've included pictures so you can see how much difference your contribution can make. So please, won't you donate today.

:-)

-Stephen

David E Keller
07-11-2010, 9:53 PM
Wow... You practically stole that lathe! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of mustard!

Donny Lawson
07-11-2010, 9:56 PM
The question is would you take 1500.00 for it now?I will come and pick it up.
Donny

Stephen Saar
07-11-2010, 9:57 PM
The question is would you take 1500.00 for it now?I will come and pick it up.
Donny

Well that's sweet for you to offer, but I'll have to pass. :-)

-Stephen

Bernie Weishapl
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Congrats on a good looking Mustard.

Cathy Schaewe
07-11-2010, 10:09 PM
If you ever learn of another that's being similarly abused, let me know. I'm a sucker for those kind of things .....;)

Ken Fitzgerald
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah....I only paid twice that and you are asking me to donate?:eek:

Hit the road buddy. Move to another place on the side walk before I call the cops.

Great buy by the way. Congrats!

Jim Underwood
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Man. And it was so close...

I'll donate a good home for that thing though! I'll even come pick it up so you won't have to pay shipping . :D

Gary Conklin
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Stephen, I am so glad another Creeker got that lathe. The original ad didn't list any extras, did you get any "extras"? I had a hunch when I saw that the auction ended you got it, good on ya! BTW my finders fee will be one pen turned on that beaut!! Congrats!!:)

Steve Schlumpf
07-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Stephen - Congrats on your new lathe! You are going to love it!

gary Zimmel
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
In addition to donations you may need an abused Mustard Monster Shelter if you find more....
May I be the first to offer my shop as one of the shelters.
The abused ones will feel at home beside mine.

Congrats on the lathe Stephen.

Aaron Wingert
07-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Despite your heroic act of rescuing that machine from the mothballs.... you suck. :)

George Guadiane
07-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Well that's sweet for you to offer, but I'll have to pass. :-)

-Stephen
Doesn't that just figure, a guy ASKS for help, and when another guy is generous enough to offer, you turn him down (I don't blame you a bit!) :D

William Hutchinson
07-12-2010, 7:11 AM
What's to donate, this one been saved. I might kick-in to the the 'camera and tripod' fund. From the pics, you must have been shakin with relief getting that hot loot into your shop without detection.:eek:

John Keeton
07-12-2010, 7:20 AM
Stephen, I am all in!! But, I want to start a local chapter, so if this gets off the ground let me know and I will post the address to use for donations!!:D;)

Congrats - great score!

john taliaferro
07-12-2010, 8:50 AM
First step is shiney side up [help her up on her feet]:D

Paul Douglass
07-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Congrats! What a great find and purchase. It I found something like that, I also buy A (as in one) Lotto ticket, figuring it was my lucky day.

ed hoxter
07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
stephen, nice steal ! ed

Allen Neighbors
07-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Mustard!!!!???? Arrrggghhh!! :D:D

Bill Bulloch
07-13-2010, 7:19 AM
Nice pitch. If you gave that pitch with a Sarah McLachlan tune in the background, I bet you would get more donations. Okay, now that you have managed to save this one, when will it be up for adoption? I am interested in adopting a monster like that.

Montgomery Scott
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
All I can offer is an attaboy. The problem is: I don't want to cheapen the whole attaboy system.