PDA

View Full Version : My first gloat!

Willie Wax
07-11-2010, 9:31 PM
I just received my Kobra Hollowing tool set and I have to admit I was blown away by the tool. After reading quite a number of threads and posts here about the different tools and their pros and cons I made the decision that this was the one that I wanted. The post truly heavy-duty and knuckles (flex-joint and bearing) are massive and boy do I like that. I was very happy when setting up the tool as to how easy it was to tune into my lathe and as well as a change that was made to allow the mounting/removal of the tool without taking off the tailstock. I understand that everyone has a favorite, but if you are shopping take a look at this one.

Usual disclaimer: I am not an owner or partner, just a satisfied customer!

Willie Wax
07-11-2010, 9:34 PM
I know, "Without proof, it did not happen".....proof attached!!

Steve Schlumpf
07-11-2010, 9:38 PM
Congrats on your new hollowing system! Looking forward to seeing some hollow forms real soon! Have fun with it!

David E Keller
07-11-2010, 10:09 PM
That looks great... Nice and beefy. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Bernie Weishapl
07-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Congrats on the new tool. Now have some fun.

William Hutchinson
07-12-2010, 6:40 AM
I've seen the videos and the Kobra appears to be an invaluable tool for vessel work. After you've put some miles on it, I'd sure appreciate your review of the actual capabilities. Speaking of, what is the maximum hollowing depth that you can achieve?