PDA

View Full Version : Possible gloat on jointer

Rusty Eads
07-11-2010, 5:39 PM
I recently acquired this 6" Ridgid jointer off of cl for $150. He was asking $200 for it. I believe it is a model jp0600 but not sure. I know the tables are shiny and flat and it runs very smooth. The blades barely show any wear on them. The only photo I have is the photo from cl (haven't unloaded it from the van due to a busted hand at the moment) Anybody know anything about this machine, whether I got a good deal or not? I felt like I could not pass it up when he agreed to the 150

Rick Fisher
07-11-2010, 7:35 PM
I am not familiar with that machine, but heck.. $150.00 for a running 6" jointer..

I am sure you will be okay . :D

Heal up that hand and make some dust..

Pete Bradley
07-11-2010, 7:37 PM
$150 is a fair deal if it's plug 'n play.

Marko Markovich Jr
07-11-2010, 8:08 PM
I owned 1 of these about 4 yrs ago, they are a solid machine , I sold mine for 250 to the first looker, I think you made a great deal

Paul Nienaber
07-11-2010, 8:11 PM
I have the open stand version. Definitely a decent jointer and a great price. Where's the fence?

Rusty Eads
07-11-2010, 8:20 PM
fence is there just hard to see in the picture. I have never used one of these, upgrading from an old craftsman, is there any trick to setting the knives? I never could get my craftsman set right, it is the kind where only the infeed moves and now that i have one with adjustable infeed and outfeed, how does that change the knife setting? My older craftsman had too short of an infeed and wasabout 5 degrees off square. Is the ridgid easier to adjust and keep adjusted?