PDA

View Full Version : 3rd negative space design

Michelle Rich
07-11-2010, 3:06 PM
:pmahogany, about 10 inches,,do you think Hans Weissflog is lookin' in his rearview? Feeling my breath on his neck?:eek: HAHA:eek:

Cathy Schaewe
07-11-2010, 3:57 PM
He might be!!;)

All I know is, I'm so far behind I can't even see your dust!:D

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bernie Weishapl
07-11-2010, 4:01 PM
Beautiful Michelle.

John Beaver
07-11-2010, 5:48 PM
Hey Michelle,

Nice job. It looks like you turned the partial circles with a router. Am I right ?
If so, I'd love to see a photo of the set-up.

Thanks

Steve Schlumpf
07-11-2010, 5:55 PM
Interesting design - really like the effect!

Greg Just
07-11-2010, 6:06 PM
Michelle:

Very interesting. A Tutorial would be most useful. :eek:

Thanks,
Greg

Michelle Rich
07-11-2010, 6:27 PM
Thanks..Hans weissflogg told me zip about how to abscond with his process! I am presently learning & teaching myself how to do this. I am exploring many ideas, and have yet to make a perfect piece. I hope soon to figure out how to do it myself, and produce something other than a wall hanging or a window hanging. Tho, in a window these are awesome as the negative space makes it look like a picture negative..all one sees is the open spaces.

David E Keller
07-11-2010, 6:32 PM
Beautiful! The three you've posted have all been nice, but this is my favorite design thus far. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Jim Underwood
07-11-2010, 6:37 PM
I was also wondering about the partial rings... I'm figuring they must have been done via router also. Is this true?:confused:

I like this piece. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted. I'm enjoying your exploration.

Wally Dickerman
07-11-2010, 7:09 PM
Michelle, I'm impressed. Hans is safe for a while but he'll be looking over his shoulder soon.

I'm guessing a lathe is used for one side and a router on the other. I may have to brush up on my router skills.

Wally

Allen Neighbors
07-11-2010, 7:38 PM
I also am very impressed. You've got a steady hand, if you free hand routed these arcs. Wonderful work!

John Keeton
07-11-2010, 9:09 PM
Michelle, very interesting design - getting the layout just right has to be tricky. Nice work.

Michael James
07-11-2010, 9:18 PM
Interesting that I got to playing with the lathe for the winter so I wouldnt have to listen to the routers..... now I hear them calling me back.....
I still marvel at how the lathe is an all in one tool. Yet when you combine tools, it seems the sky's the limit! You have a very imaginative style!
Michael

Michelle Rich
07-11-2010, 9:34 PM
for those of you who believe this can be made with a router & lathe, I refer you to the book, NEW MASTERS OF WOODTURNING Harvey Fein pg. 23. It shows a set-up I believe could be used to make my piece. Thanks for all your comments

Cathy Schaewe
07-11-2010, 9:44 PM
for those of you who believe this can be made with a router & lathe, I refer you to the book, NEW MASTERS OF WOODTURNING Harvey Fein pg. 23. It shows a set-up I believe could be used to make my piece. Thanks for all your comments

I asked for that book for my birthday - now I REALLY hope I get it!