PDA

View Full Version : Information about Nova 3000 lathe

Kevin Beck
12-03-2004, 9:00 PM
I am interested in information about a Nova 3000 8 speed lathe. There is one advertised in the local paper with 8 Robert Sorby turning tools and a Nova chuck for $700. The lathe is 4 years old and I'm going to see it in the morning.

Does it sound like a good deal if it is in good shape?

The same guy sold a Jet 6" closed stand jointer for $200 (missed out on that one though).

Not really looking for a lathe at the moment but if it's a good deal I don't want to pass it up.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Kevin

John Shuk
12-03-2004, 10:30 PM
I've used the 3000 dvr and it was a nice lathe. Pretty good in terms of stability. You might want to google and see if there are any selling on the internet and for how much.

John Shuk
12-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Kevin,
I found this info on the lathe. If this is about right for price on the Belt driven lathe NEW then $700 might be a bit much used. All reports are that it is a nice lathe. http://www.wood-worker.com/toolreview/lathe.htm

Kevin Beck
12-04-2004, 7:24 PM
Thanks for the information John. The fates conspired to keep me from getting in touch with the guy this morning (6 year old marching in a poorly organized Christmas parade) and when I finally got in touch he had sold the lathe.

I think it was a good deal but I guess I'll have to keep looking.

Kevin :mad: