PDA

View Full Version : Corel print driver for Vytek

Pat PJ Johnson
07-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Does anyone know if there is a print driver for vytek lasers.

Larry Bratton
07-11-2010, 3:30 PM
I don't own a Vytek machine, but I assumed that most all CO2 lasers,maybe Chinese excepted, have a printing interface that is activated via the graphics program being used. In other words, when I print from Corel Draw, I choose the Epilog machine in the drop down list of installed printers. Why wouldn't Vytek work the same way? Corel Draw is pretty much the industry standard for U.S. made machines is it not?

Zsolt Paul
07-11-2010, 8:17 PM
I have a Vytek and as far as I know its either .bmp for engraving or ucj (from their "own" Laserworx -which is a Signlab product) and .hpgl for cutting. I have not tried .hpgl since I generally import my Illustrator files into Laserworx. I am an illustrator user, but I think you can generate .hpgl from Corel. Man, I would LOVE to cut straight out of Illustrator!!!!

Larry Bratton
07-11-2010, 8:43 PM
That would be saved as a PLT extension in Corel. That's a file like one would use with a plotter. You of course can save as a BMP by converting to Bitmap and save as bmp in Photopaint. All that seems strange to me as I print directly from Corel with my Epilog.

Pat PJ Johnson
07-11-2010, 10:21 PM
You epilog people have a much better interface. Just came back from laser class in Austin Tx they were using epilog.

Larry Bratton
07-12-2010, 7:59 PM
yeah we do :D