PDA

View Full Version : Wally as Featured Artist

Allen Neighbors
07-10-2010, 9:17 PM
I originally posted this on Mike Minto's thread, and decided that this might need to be a different thread of it's own.
It's interesting, that after seeing Mike's spalted holly piece, I was searching on Bing, for SW Pottery Styles, and here's what I found: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Indian+Pottery+Designs&FORM=IGRE&qpvt=Indian+Pottery+Designs#focal=46272ce1404c61c4 8d6c5989d1a0d06a&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.woodturnersresource.com%2Ffe atured%2520artist%2Fwallydickerman_703%2FMaple_Bur l___Ebony.jpg
It's a Website that highlights Wally as their featured turner, with his bio and some of his pieces. It was a 2003 article in Woodturner's Resource.
Now, I'm one of many woodturners for whom Wally Dickerman is a hero, and I thought some of you folks might not have been able to see this before, and might enjoy reading about Wally, and seeing some of his work.
Hope you don't mind, Wally.

David E Keller
07-10-2010, 9:24 PM
Thanks for posting the link, Allen. It's a nice little bio of Wally and lots of photos of his wonderful turnings.

John Keeton
07-10-2010, 9:28 PM
Great link, and, of course, Wally was interviewed recently right here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=139887) on SMC.

Wally Dickerman
07-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow! Thank you Allen. I had forgotten all about that. It was quite a thrill when that came out. I was pretty new to computers then (they are a complete mystery to folks of my generation) so I was having all kinds of fun with stuff like that.

Wally

Bernie Weishapl
07-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Wally has always been one of my hero's.:D Great read Wally. Oh and Wally Happy 68th Anniversary to you and the wife. Awesome.

Steve Schlumpf
07-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Wow - excellent read! Saved it to my favorites! Loved seeing more of your work Wally!

bob svoboda
07-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing Allen. I really enjoyed it.

Harvey Ghesser
07-11-2010, 11:16 AM
You are truly blessed, Wally!

charlie knighton
07-11-2010, 1:30 PM
thanks for sharing

Matt Ranum
07-11-2010, 4:44 PM
Indeed thanks for that. I need to send more time on here I can see that, so much knowledge and experience in the members here.

Nice to get to know a bit about you Wally!

Allen Neighbors
07-11-2010, 7:42 PM
You're all welcome. I'm glad it was so graciously received. Wally, you have been my hero since I started turning just seven years ago... when I first saw one of your turnings on another forum. I can't even remember which one it was, but I can remember it was a hollowform with a collar... and I was hooked!

Wally Dickerman
07-12-2010, 12:20 AM
You're all welcome. I'm glad it was so graciously received. Wally, you have been my hero since I started turning just seven years ago... when I first saw one of your turnings on another forum. I can't even remember which one it was, but I can remember it was a hollowform with a collar... and I was hooked!

Geez Allen, I don't quite know how to answer someone who calls me his hero...except to say that I'm humbled. If seeing my vessel on the web inspired you to start turning, then I'm happy for both of us...Thanks for saying so.

Wally