PDA

View Full Version : Treasures From The East!

Tyler Howell
12-03-2004, 6:04 PM
Well they came from east of here! These wonderful treasures have been trickling in over the past two weeks. The LV arrived on turkey day like Jim's. I thought I'd wait for the right Photo OP and share. The two stars of the show are the LN 102 and the LV medium shoulder plane. I didn't think there was a lot you could do to improve a block plane. I needed one and I was wrong about that. The 102 is so Sweeeeeeet!:cool: :cool:
The plane tuning hammer is a bit pinched up. I was really concerned about the damage to all the fine old woodies I saw in my travels. Besides it was a gift. The dangers of thinking out loud.
Can I be a Neander tool snob now????:o Please!!

Jim Becker
12-03-2004, 6:12 PM
Mighty fine looking tools there, Tyler, even though they lack tails!! :D I haven't had the opportunity to prepare and use the shoulder plane yet, but hope to get to it this weekend. And yes...there is a difference in a great block plane over a good block plane...not to mention over a crappy one like I used to own!

Jack Hogoboom
12-03-2004, 6:21 PM
Tyler,

Nice haul. What's left for your family to buy you for Christmas? :rolleyes:

I particularly like the marking guage. Is that from Bridge City?

Finally, what's that concave piece of steel? Is that an iron for your little spokeshave?

Looks to me like you've become quite the snob.... :cool:

Jack

Tyler Howell
12-03-2004, 6:38 PM
Hey JackThe Marples marking gage and replacement iron for the Miller Falls spoke shave both came from Tools For WW http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/ (http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/)
The screw veneer adjust on the marking gage really make a difference.
I agree that it's the "craftsperson and not the tool" the makes the difference but it sure takes the fight your tools aspect out of the WW process.:D

John Miliunas
12-03-2004, 6:44 PM
Dagnabit there, Bro! :eek: There just ain't no keepin' up with you! Nice haul, Tyler. :D You'll love that 102. I wish I could comment on the shoulder plane, though maybe one of these years. As in, when I learn how to use one, maybe! :rolleyes: Have fun with them. Now, let's see some shavings and sawdust! :) :cool:

Lou Morrissette
12-03-2004, 8:23 PM
You will certainly have to build a display case for housing all these beautiful toys....tools you've been aquiring lately. Can't just leave them hanging around the bench.:D Nice haul.

Ted Shrader
12-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Tyler -

Nice haul! I recognize that marking gauge - have one of those, but where do you plug in those other things? :D :)

Well done and have fun with your new toys.

Ted

Roy Wall
12-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Tyler,

You have arrived my friend...........Beautiful tools!!!!:)

Alan Turner
12-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Nice haul, Tyler. Tell us about that little spokeshave, please.
Alan

Mark Singer
12-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Tyler, Your there...and that is the place to be....nice stuff!

Louis Bois
12-04-2004, 6:40 AM
Great Stash!!! Have you been using your little M-F cigar shave much? or is this your first kick at the can since you didn't have a blade in it? At first glance, I thought you got ripped off and only bought HALF a metallic guitar slide!:D Ah...those bottleneck blues...

Ken Fitzgerald
12-04-2004, 9:58 AM
Tyler, Tyler, Tyler.........you received those on Turkey Day and we are just now getting pictures????????? :( :mad: .......Where's the equity? :confused: .........I lost my badge for delaying pictures for 14 hours......Tyler, Tyler, Tyler :confused: :rolleyes: :D ..........( By the way, nice haul!) :)