PDA

View Full Version : Jet air cleaner remote doesn't work

Dick Holt
07-09-2010, 9:08 PM
The remote control on my Jet air cleaner (AFS1000) will only turn the unit on. It will not turn it off, change speed, etc. I did change the batteries, to no avail. What do you think is wrong with it? Thanks for any help.

Dick

Steve Kolbe
07-09-2010, 9:21 PM
Is there dust in it?

Sorry, couldn't help it!:p
No real useful ideas here...

Leo Vogel
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Dick - I had the same problem a few years ago. I contacted Jet and they sent me a free replacement. It works great.

Caleb Larru
07-09-2010, 10:43 PM
The remote control on my Jet air cleaner (AFS1000) will only turn the unit on. It will not turn it off, change speed, etc. I did change the batteries, to no avail. What do you think is wrong with it? Thanks for any help.

Dick

I know this sounds crazy but if you have fluorescent lights in your shop, turn them off and try the remote out. My Jet cleaner melted down because of the signal the lights were putting off kept turning the unit on and off rapidly. The unit shorted out and burnt the motor up. I called Jet up and they told me they knew there was issues with the lights but it wasn't their problem, it was a fluorescent light maker problem.

Last Jet item I ever bought.

Dan Karachio
07-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Dick, what you need is a new programmable universal shop remote. They are about $400 and take three hours, some assembler code programming and at least two tech support calls to program, but once you do, you will have complete control over all your shop equipment! :D

Sorry, my old audio/video obsession took over here.

Rob Cunningham
07-11-2010, 8:59 AM
I have the same problem and tracked it down to the fluorescent lights also. I called Jet about it. They said they were aware of the problem but didn't have any solutions.
I use a 3 ft length of dowel to turn mine on/off and change speeds, but you need the remote to set the timer :(

Joseph Tarantino
07-11-2010, 9:50 AM
I know this sounds crazy but if you have fluorescent lights in your shop, turn them off and try the remote out. My Jet cleaner melted down because of the signal the lights were putting off kept turning the unit on and off rapidly. The unit shorted out and burnt the motor up. I called Jet up and they told me they knew there was issues with the lights but it wasn't their problem, it was a fluorescent light maker problem.

Last Jet item I ever bought.

sounds about right for a walter meier group product. long on promise, short on delivery and pricey. generally, a poor value. i also will never purchase another jet/powermatic/wilton tool again.