PDA

View Full Version : She's here .... Pics Added!

Cathy Schaewe
07-09-2010, 4:51 PM
And she is gorgeous!!!!! :D :D :D

John K, you can't have her. :p

And here she is!!!! Ta da (before and after - I knew you guys would want chips!)

Steve Schlumpf
07-09-2010, 4:56 PM
Congrats!!! Patiently waiting for the photos....

Looks great! Have fun! You are going to love this lathe!

John Keeton
07-09-2010, 5:24 PM
Cathy, Cathy, it is just a matter of time before the romance fades and you will be looking to move on.....then, she may well be mine!!:D

Congrats!!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-09-2010, 5:34 PM
I dont' give congrats on posted rumors. No photos....didn't happen!:p

Congrats.

Michael James
07-09-2010, 5:44 PM
Should I be looking for a ""she" lathe rather than a "he" lathe? I guess I havent been reading the fine print.
Hey amiga, I feel your pain. How about photos with shavings everywhere!?
Congratultiaons, Im considering stashing my pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters for some upgrade myownself.
mj

ok, now you've done it. I almost would have been content with a machine like your Delta. I must stop looking.......... stop, now.
Oh, and it looks like your inhouse carpenter had to add some wall there. Very nice. Please remember to take the time to post and up your pics!

John Hart
07-09-2010, 5:50 PM
She's here!!!! :D

Who? :confused:

The invisible woman;)

bob svoboda
07-09-2010, 5:57 PM
Can't see. Must have gone blind again. Lacquer :D

Bernie Weishapl
07-09-2010, 6:02 PM
Congrats Cathy. Can't wait to see pictures.

Tim Rinehart
07-09-2010, 6:11 PM
Very cool...we all share that excitement.
Cool!:D:D

Allen Neighbors
07-09-2010, 6:17 PM
I can't see her!!!! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
07-09-2010, 7:13 PM
SHE....slipped photos in guys.

Congrats Cathy!

Tim Rinehart
07-09-2010, 7:17 PM
And by the way...I'd hang on to the Delta. Too nice a lathe to let go of unless really need the extra $$. I like having a second lathe to set up something relatively quick without breaking down what I'm doing on other lathe.

John Hart
07-09-2010, 7:18 PM
The invisible woman has appeared!!! With chips!!!

Congratulations Cathy!! Ready to rock.:)

charlie knighton
07-09-2010, 7:19 PM
very nice, congratulations

Allen Neighbors
07-09-2010, 7:25 PM
And here she is!!!! Ta da (before and after - I knew you guys would want chips!)

Beautiful, she is!
Notice, with the position of the Headstock and Tailstock, that the Jet is mimicking the length of the little Delta...:eek::rolleyes:;)

David DeCristoforo
07-09-2010, 7:27 PM
Never saw so many guys get so excited over a lathe. What I want to know is, is the belt cover on straight?

Cathy Schaewe
07-09-2010, 7:32 PM
Cathy, Cathy, it is just a matter of time before the romance fades and you will be looking to move on.....then, she may well be mine!!:D

Congrats!!

Keeton, I catch you sweet-talking my lathe, I'll slap a restraining order on you so fast you'll think you fell into one of your moonshine traps! ;)

Should I be looking for a ""she" lathe rather than a "he" lathe?

Well of course. Just look how pretty she is!

Beautiful, she is!
Notice, with the position of the Headstock and Tailstock, that the Jet is mimicking the length of the little Delta...:eek::rolleyes:;)

She doesn't want the Delta to get an inferiority complex or feel unloved! :D

Wow, what a machine! I can't believe I waited so long to get one! :D :D :D

bob svoboda
07-09-2010, 7:34 PM
Cathy...She IS gorgeous...and I love that she named her baby Delta....

Paul Douglass
07-09-2010, 7:39 PM
Congrats, I think it makes me break one of the Ten Commandments!

Bill Bolen
07-09-2010, 8:27 PM
Congrat's...you can finally get to those big'un's now.

Bernie Weishapl
07-09-2010, 8:39 PM
She sure is purdy Cathy. I am really happy for you.

Roger Chandler
07-09-2010, 8:55 PM
Cathy,

We all share in your joy, and are very happy for the good blessings in your life. I am sure you will do that fine machine justice with some equally fine turnings!

Congratulations! :D

Bill Wilcox
07-09-2010, 9:16 PM
Cathy, nice looking lathe. I know you will be happy with yours as much as I am with mine.
Be sure to do what several people forgot to do.
REMEMBER TO REMOVE OR LOOSEN THE SET SCREWS BEFORE REMOVING THE FACEPLATE.

Stephen Saar
07-09-2010, 9:51 PM
Nice lathe, but what kind of chuck/jaws do you have on it? In the second picture it looks like you have some big black jaws holding a bowl, but I wasn't familiar with that type.

-Stephen

Rich Aldrich
07-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Cathy,

Congratulations. I bouth one just like it and am learning to turn on it. They are really nice.

Cathy Schaewe
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Nice lathe, but what kind of chuck/jaws do you have on it? In the second picture it looks like you have some big black jaws holding a bowl, but I wasn't familiar with that type.

-Stephen

I wish the chuck I just ordered was here. That's the six-inch faceplate that came with it. I left enough on what I was turning to reverse it and screw it into the faceplate, then parted it off.

David E Keller
07-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Congrats on the new girlfriend... You two will make quite a pair.

Pete Jordan
07-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Wow Cathy! There will be no stopping you now.

I wish my living room was that clean!

Cathy Schaewe
07-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Congrats on the new girlfriend... You two will make quite a pair.

Hey, wait .... :eek::eek:

Thomas Canfield
07-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Looks good. The little offset in the wall behind the lathe seems to be just right for the cage with the headstock in that position, but will require removal of cage to get the full use of bed by moving headstock to end of ways. I normally have my headstock on Powermatic located as you do since I haven't turned any long spindles and do have the bed extension to get the tailstock out of the way for bowl turning. I have yet to remove that monster tailstock (need to get a swingaway), but the Jet tailstock is lighter and can be removed. Congratulations, and you will be happy to have the second lathe, especially with the setup you have.

Michelle Rich
07-10-2010, 7:19 AM
I have her sister..enjoy

Bill Bulloch
07-10-2010, 7:43 AM
Do you keep your shop that clean all the time --- or did you clean up just for us? Congrats on both the lathe and clean shop.

Jack Mincey
07-10-2010, 9:02 AM
Nice lathe! One question, did you sleep well last night are did all the new turnings you plan on doing with the new toy keep you up thinking about them?:)
Jack

William Hutchinson
07-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Never saw so many guys get so excited over a lathe. What I want to know is, is the belt cover on straight?

And Double D goes straight for the covers...:eek:

Many happy months of turning, Cathy. I can't wait to see what you get next!:D:D

Jeff Nicol
07-10-2010, 8:15 PM
Cathy, I sure like the looks of the nice Jet lathe, if I had room in my shop it would be nice to have one to go with its big brother the 3520B and my little Delta, and the old reliable generic chinese lathe. But since I just brought home that big band saw my shop is getting smaller and smaller!

But my buddy who sold me the band saw called me a little bit ago and ordered a 16-42EVS 2 so I can go to his shop and try one out! I feel left out as everyone is getting new lathes and I get an 80yr old band saw! I guess I am happy for everyone! Keep us posted on the first creations on the new machine.

Jeff

Moshe Eshel
07-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I have the same lathe (I think - there are two similar models) - and whichever of the two you got - it is a GREAT lathe.
I couldn't believe the added fun it gave the whole thing compared to the Jet Mini I had (still have) before, now I got two cute sisters in the shop :) and I love them both.
I couldn't part with the mini, though I don't use it much anymore, but it is very comforting to know I have another good lathe if I need it (+ it enables me to dream of instructing more students into the vortex !!!)

Turn well!