PDA

View Full Version : Rainy day project

Lou Morrissette
12-03-2004, 2:18 PM
Miserable day today on the Cape and thought it might be a good day to work on the shop. Threw up the final coat of mud on the drywall. A little sanding and then some paint. Then maybe we can get serious about a work bench.

Jack Hogoboom
12-03-2004, 2:21 PM
Lou,

Looks like a pretty clean job. I wish I could start my shop all over again on a blank slate.

Please make sure you post more pics as the project progresses.

Enjoy!!

Jack

Jim Becker
12-03-2004, 6:09 PM
Yup!! You need a bench to make those tools look less lonely!!!!

Ted Shrader
12-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Lou -

You are not far off from a fine looking shop. Would fill right out with a workbench. :) :)

Are you putting anything on the ceiling or leaving it open for storage?

Ted

Jerry Olexa
12-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Tons of potential. Great space and great work!!

Frank Pellow
12-04-2004, 7:09 AM
Looks like space just waiting to get filled. :) Are you going to build your own bench?

Lou Morrissette
12-04-2004, 8:46 AM
[QUOTE=Ted Shrader]Lou -

You are not far off from a fine looking shop. Would fill right out with a workbench. :) :)

Are you putting anything on the ceiling or leaving it open for storage?

I'm not sure Ted. For now I've got to paint the walls and floor and build the doors. I've got limited ceiling height ( 7'8") so I'll have to wait and see how it works out.
Lou

Lou Morrissette
12-04-2004, 8:48 AM
Yes, Frank but I haven't decided on a design yet.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Lou...nice looking area with loads of potential. Keep us posted!

Pete Harbin
12-04-2004, 3:15 PM
Look at all of that space! A year or two from now though...just a crowded as the rest of us! :D

Looks good!

Lou Morrissette
12-04-2004, 3:25 PM
Pete,

It's like building a shed. The day you finish is the day you realize it's too small!:D

Dan Mages
12-04-2004, 8:45 PM
You can say that again!!

Nice job so far. Are you going to make some cabinets for the walls?

Lou Morrissette
12-04-2004, 9:14 PM
Dan,
Right now my plans are to build a mitre bench similar to Norms with storage drawers under. From there on it will be build as needed. I'm just dying to get into some woodworking. Between the move and building the shop, it's been about 6 months since I did any.

Lou

Jim O'Dell
12-04-2004, 9:21 PM
Lou, is this a separate shop building, or a basement shop? I'm guessing the latter since there aren't any windows. My shop that I'm starting a rehab on has low ceilings also (7' 7", and it's a separate above ground building...come to think about it, it doesn;t have any windows either, except for the row in the top of the garage door). Good luck. I've got a lot further to go. You'll be making dust in no time.