PDA

View Full Version : LaserPro Mercury Self Test

James Terry
07-08-2010, 1:58 PM
Is there a way to disable the selftest of the xyz when powering up the machine? Or perhaps it is a necessary function to set limits in memory or something like that...

Also, I seem to be missing the technical/diagnostics section of my document manual if anyone has this for the Mercury I.

Viktor Voroncov
07-08-2010, 2:01 PM
It is impossible to disable selftest.

Richard Rumancik
07-09-2010, 10:20 AM
It probably would not be a good idea to eliminate the start-up routine even if you could . . . it ensures that the limit switches are active and operational as it looks for them at slow speed. It also ensures that the z axis is clear as it drops the table. If one of the limit switches failed you might end up slamming your carriage into an endstop. What is the reason for your question? It only takes less than minute to initialize so I don't think it would save you much time.

Chuck Stone
07-09-2010, 11:11 AM
This is all I can find for diagnostics.. maybe you have them already

Killor Perez
08-11-2010, 3:22 PM
I that takes less time to perform the test,
Before starting the machine,
displacement head manually to the lower right corner.
Then turn on and the test starts from that position.
will save about 20 seconds or less. :-)

Viktor Voroncov
08-12-2010, 2:58 AM
As engineer with more than 30 years experience, and GCC laser engineer 13 years - I kindly reccomend do internal tests as initially designed by manufacturer. Otherwise, you can lost important changes in your equipment and as result have some big problems in future.

Rodne Gold
08-12-2010, 3:29 AM
You can set it to perform the XY test only and leave the Z setting as it currently is - IE it doesnt mess with table height.

James Terry
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Actually, not lowering the table is exactly what I wanted. The X-Y run is no big deal. I always have to mash the table up button to toss in a strip and that gets annoying. Was that data in one of these docs?

If the machine doesnt know where Z is, who cares right? It's not like we can submit jobs where the table moves with the head.

Rodne Gold
08-12-2010, 1:50 PM
James , I havent had a mercury or operated one for a while , but I think its an option on the setup menu accesed from the lasers lcd panel.