PDA

View Full Version : Office name plates

Dave West
07-08-2010, 9:10 AM
I've got to provide about 3 dozen office plates with name and title. These will be made from Romark Lasermax and go on the wall outside the offices. Is double-stick foam tape usually used for mounting? Is there a recommended brand or thickness?

Thanks,

Dave

Mike Null
07-08-2010, 9:30 AM
My customers usually opt for velcro but if they want tape I use standard engravers taper rather than foam tape. There's no reason foam tape wouln't work though.

If these are going on cloth covered cubicles there is a pin mount available from Johnson Plastics.

Another option is to use JRS nameplate hardware--also from Johnson.

Larry Bratton
07-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Velcro sounds like a good choice, especially in light of the current economy. Some of those names may change and plates need to be changed too. I have been making acrylic letters with adhesive backs by adhering adhesive backed polypropylene print media to the acrylic before laser cutting. That works well. Another product that can be used is Phototex. It is a fabric like print media that is removable and reusable up to 200 times and it will stick to almost anything. (Put it on the plastic with 3m Super 77)

Joe Pelonio
07-08-2010, 2:53 PM
Funny, but I've never had anyone want them without a metal slide-in holder. DS Tape does take the paint and even paper from the sheetrock when removed so I would definitely go with velcro, but the holders are not very expensive, in fact not much more than velcro.