PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player in your shop?

larry cronkite
07-08-2010, 4:46 AM
What do you Creekers do to watch all those woodworking DVDs you have?

I have a Magnavox 14" DVD player that weighs about 22 lbs and is presently taking up valuable bench space. I'd like to mount it on a wall but most of the mounts that I find are for flat screen TVs.

Any suggestions?

Bill LaPointe
07-08-2010, 6:16 AM
For $25 you can get a very small one from Wally World. Or, mount a shelf on the wall for it. I cover mine with a plastic bag when not in use. Same with the TV.

Chris Damm
07-08-2010, 6:59 AM
I prefer to watch them from my recliner in front of my big screen tv in the comfort of my living room! My shop is for woodworking not watching tv.

Greg Woloshyn
07-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I prefer to watch them from my recliner in front of my big screen tv in the comfort of my living room! My shop is for woodworking not watching tv.

I agree BUT I gotta have some kind of noise in the backround when I'm working in the shop so that's why I have cable TV in there. I refuse to listen to the radio..

John Mark Lane
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I prefer music. I'm installing speakers in the wall of my new shop, and wiring up a dock and amplifier for my mp3 player (a Sony Walkman). A little Bach, a little Dead, the occasional death metal band....

Zach England
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
28 inch lcd HD monitor hangs from the ceiling. I don't have enough time to do woodworking and watch baseball every night and football all weekend, so I have to do both at once. I got a FM remote for my directv (upstairs) box to change the channel and have an Onkyo receiver hooked up to some DIY speakers I made years ago and have demoted to the basement as I have upgraded my primary hifi rig. I can also plug the HDMI cable feeding the monitor into my video card if I need to watch a DVD, but the needs has never arisen. The PC and a m-audio 24/96 soundcard serve as the audio source for non-TV (classical music, BBC, NPR). Honestly, I think I am pretty spoiled by video and sound down there.