PDA

View Full Version : pre gloat monster is coming

patrick michael stein
07-07-2010, 8:49 PM
received email from randy today telling the monster is on its way. :D:D:D:D.

like a kid at christmas i feel.:D:D:D:D:D.

patrick

Steve Schlumpf
07-07-2010, 9:02 PM
Patrick - from a VERY satisfied customer - you will love it! Looking forward to seeing the photos!

patrick michael stein
07-07-2010, 9:08 PM
steve,

i cant wait .i just finished cleaning my shop .ihad built a screened in porch for my and i.then remodeled my daughters kitchen so looking forward to learning how to use this system.

thanks patrick

:p:p:p:D:D

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-07-2010, 9:24 PM
Patrick,
I will begin unpacking mine tomorrow evening. If I find anything you should know, I will post. My carton arrived in perfect condition without even a ding. The bed extension and remote switch arrived via Fed Ex in like condition. I accepted delivery at my place of business and will have to cart the lathe home tomorrow. I have the necessary equipment so that will be OK. The boys tell me the work begins after the carton is open.
Enjoy. It's Christmas in July.
fmr

David DeCristoforo
07-07-2010, 9:50 PM
I received a similar email on Monday the 5th. But it also said that it was being sent via USPO and that the PO was closed on Monday and that the packages would "go out" on Tuesday. On the same day, I got a "Click and Ship" notice stating that the shipment was scheduled to be shipped on the 5th. "Unfortunately", as of a few minutes ago the USPO web site still shows no tracking information at all, just that "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 5, 2010 to expect your package for mailing". Since I placed the order on the 27th of May, that makes going on seven weeks. I sure wish my parents had done a better job of teaching me patience!

Donny Lawson
07-07-2010, 9:52 PM
Pictures....soon.....I hope......

David E Keller
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Congrats on the pending monster arrivals... i ordered mine about the 10th of June, so I'm guessing I've got a few more weeks before I should look for mine. Looking forward to hearing your impressions and any tips and techniques that you should want to pass on.

Bernie Weishapl
07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
From another satisfied customer you are going to love it. I just got my laser modified by Randy. A great mod.

John Keeton
07-08-2010, 6:43 AM
Patrick, with all of us waiting your post could easily incite a riot!!!

Congrats to you suckers that have already received yours - and, my heart goes out to those of us still waiting!!:(

Mine was ordered June 9, but I upgraded on June 22 from the mini system to the regular system, so I don't know what that does to my order.

Sounds like Randy has gotten busy, just from the SMC orders. I would think he got swamped from the AAW, too.

Randy Privett
07-08-2010, 8:17 AM
Just a little busy.

John Keeton
07-08-2010, 8:52 AM
I think I see some of my parts in there!!!:D:D:D

Randy, glad business is good! I gotta finish these dang bookshelves anyway:mad:, so I can wait!!!:)

Randy Privett
07-08-2010, 9:04 AM
John,

This isn't all of them, ran out of room on the bench, so I'll wait till some get shipped before welding up more.

Roger Chandler
07-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I think I see some of my parts in there!!!:D:D:D

Randy, glad business is good! I gotta finish these dang bookshelves anyway:mad:, so I can wait!!!:)

Sooooooo John,

How's the bookcase project coming along so far? If I remember your former post it is a built-in? At least the assembly can be done inside in the A/C. How much glue up and clamping etc. do you have to do?

Hey, I'm sorry, I know this is a turning forum but I like flat work too! :D

John Keeton
07-08-2010, 1:03 PM
Roger, not to take away from Patrick's exciting news, but the bookshelves are coming along. Unfortunately, most all of the work is in the shop, and they will be installed nearly complete and painted, with molding applied to blend them together.

But, it ain't 104* here!!!!:D;) Only 95* today, with a "cold" front on the way!

David E Keller
07-08-2010, 2:26 PM
Mine was ordered June 9, but I upgraded on June 22 from the mini system to the regular system, so I don't know what that does to my order.

did you hear that boys? Sounds like Keeton has more than just the monster on order! Hooray vortex!

Roger Chandler
07-08-2010, 4:00 PM
Roger, not to take away from Patrick's exciting news, but the bookshelves are coming along. Unfortunately, most all of the work is in the shop, and they will be installed nearly complete and painted, with molding applied to blend them together.

But, it ain't 104* here!!!!:D;) Only 95* today, with a "cold" front on the way!

A cold front on the way! Hallelujah! :D

Your bookcases sound like they will be really nice. When you get them finished post some pics [yes, even here on the turning forum!] I have to get a couple made myself, and if I like your design, I might "borrow" some ideas....that is if you don't have a patent...:D

Greg Just
07-08-2010, 5:25 PM
I received a similar email on Monday the 5th. But it also said that it was being sent via USPO and that the PO was closed on Monday and that the packages would "go out" on Tuesday. On the same day, I got a "Click and Ship" notice stating that the shipment was scheduled to be shipped on the 5th. "Unfortunately", as of a few minutes ago the USPO web site still shows no tracking information at all, just that "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 5, 2010 to expect your package for mailing". Since I placed the order on the 27th of May, that makes going on seven weeks. I sure wish my parents had done a better job of teaching me patience!

David:

I think the USPO only updates their tracking info once a day. I do not believe they have realtime updates.

David DeCristoforo
07-08-2010, 5:34 PM
"I think the USPO only updates their tracking info once a day...."

I think they must only update it once a month! I got half my order today. Hopefully the other half will arrive tomorrow. But the packages were shipped on the 5th and the USPO tracking site still does not even show that they received the packages.

Wally Dickerman
07-08-2010, 6:05 PM
Ha!! I received a couple of packages from Randy a couple of days ago. Well...it's a monster hollowing tool, but it's a bit different than most. Randy did a custom job for me. I'm a lefty, so Randy made me a left handed tool. Also, it's made to fit on the 17 inch outboard bed on my Oneway. I have it up and running and so far, I'm impressed.

This is a big switch for me. I've had a Dennis Stewart armbrace hook tool since 1987 and I've turned many hundreds of HF's with it. Yep, it's a lefty too. I also have a Nichols captive tool that I use for deep stuff. The Nichols isn't made any more. It's almost identical to the Don Derry tool.

Yep, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I'll take a pic when I get around to it.

Wally