PDA

View Full Version : trucker called

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I am confused. A trucking line called here telling me they had a 780 lb. delivery today and asked if someone were here to unload with a forktruck. I've been expecting this call and was certainly ready willing and able but I expected the trucker to be "Yellow Freight". Having gotten over that disappointment, I am patiently waiting his arrival. I suppose the trill of something new never wears off even as the "kid" gets older. At least I hope it never does. Yellow coming soon!!!!
fmr

Sean Ackerman NY
07-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Keep us updated Faust!

bob svoboda
07-07-2010, 1:10 PM
I'm livin' it with you Faust! Can't wait to see the pic's.

Steve Schlumpf
07-07-2010, 1:37 PM
Looking forward to seeing the photos!

John Hart
07-07-2010, 2:01 PM
I like trucks. :)

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-07-2010, 3:23 PM
It's here, along with the bed extension and remote switch. The box is sitting on my dock waiting to be moved to my shop at home. I have a lot of maneuvering to do to make room for it, beginning with moving out the old Delta. It's a shame to see a tool become essentially worthless. I'm hoping someone wants it.
Anyway, I'll send pix as I get it moving. It won't be long, my patience is not that good. It's kind of like being a kid and looking at a Christmas present with your name on it while waiting for your parents to wake up.
fmr

Mike Spanbauer
07-07-2010, 3:37 PM
Just take care setting it up - The bed is heavy, but the headstock is the wicked part. Use appropriate safety measures and go slow.

mike

Antonio Martinez
07-07-2010, 3:40 PM
I know a need fellow down in the Hershey area who would be willing to haul away that old useless lathe!

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-07-2010, 4:05 PM
Mike,
Thanks for the warning. This sounds like a job for one young, strong person. I will look for one to help me. My dear friend has his family here from Texas visiting until Saturday. He will be feeling miserable when they leave and need a distraction. I think I can sell that.
Antonio, if you were a charitable organization it would be yours quickly. After I get my bearings, I'll figure out what to do with it.
fmr

Sean Ackerman NY
07-07-2010, 6:17 PM
Mike,
Thanks for the warning. This sounds like a job for one young, strong person. I will look for one to help me. My dear friend has his family here from Texas visiting until Saturday. He will be feeling miserable when they leave and need a distraction. I think I can sell that.
Antonio, if you were a charitable organization it would be yours quickly. After I get my bearings, I'll figure out what to do with it.
fmr
Trust me when I say this, I've heard many a success story when it comes to recruiting help for setting up one of these monsters......6 pack:cool:

David E Keller
07-07-2010, 6:45 PM
For a six pack of lacquer, I'd bet Hart would make the trip!:D

Not sure if Moxie comes in a six pack, but that might lure Mr. Hoyt out your way.

Congrats on the new machine.

John Keeton
07-07-2010, 6:52 PM
Faust, congrats on the new arrival!! Hope the setup goes smoothly, and above all - be safe! It sure would be a shame to be laid up with a blown disc and the new lathe sitting there never turned on!!:eek:

Andy Hoyt
07-07-2010, 7:05 PM
For a six pack of lacquer, I'd bet Hart would make the trip!:D

Not sure if Moxie comes in a six pack, but that might lure Mr. Hoyt out your way.

Congrats on the new machine. Depends on the flavor the task at hand.

Antonio Martinez
07-07-2010, 7:16 PM
I have two sons home from college ready to help as needed. 3 turners and 1 lathe kind of makes a charitable organization doesn't it? Just kidding (sorta).

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-07-2010, 9:16 PM
The temperature was almost 100 degrees here today. I'm sure a six pack of Moxie or cold brew wouldn't have been enough to satisfy most thirsts.
It occurred to me the spindle on this machine will be 1 1/4" X 8 and my chuck adapter is 1" X 8. I'm working on finials and need the chuck. I will have to keep using the Delta until the new adapter arrives. I'll be a two lathe shop for a couple days. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Wait until you have to teach me to turn via SMC.
fmr

Bernie Weishapl
07-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Faust congrats on your lathe.