PDA

View Full Version : Sad day indeed

Robert gree
07-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Last Monday was a sad day indeed. I Closed my shop back in middle February when i was forced to move. Moved my new place where i have been staying but do to work never got everything up and running again. I have decided to attend school and pursue a career as a CNA. This whole week has been a hard one as i watch machinery leave piece by piece. Only the table saw and RAS are in the classifieds.

Van Huskey
07-06-2010, 11:04 PM
That is indeed sad, but it is hard to get wood out of your blood, you will be back!

John Mark Lane
07-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I went for quite a few years not having any real tools. Went to school, pursued a career, spent years living in apartments and working long hours. But eventually it comes back, and the time comes and the money comes and you can do it again. Hang in there, and don't give up, even if it takes years. Life has many sides, and we owe it to ourselves to explore as many as present themselves. Make the most of where you are.

Neil Brooks
07-07-2010, 7:23 AM
a) If you mean Certified Nurse Anesthetist, then ... congrats. It should be a rewarding career, with LOTS of opportunities (married to an NP....);

b) I learned something, long ago: we do what we have to do, particularly when there's an "undo" button. WHEN (not "if") you're able to get a shop up and running, again, there will still be tools ... better tools ... used tools ... that will allow you to right any wrongs that may have existed in your shop ... and ... live the honeymoon all over again;

c) Not an easy decision, either way, but ... best of luck with your schooling. I think that's a smart move, a good move, and a brave move :)

Mike Cruz
07-07-2010, 9:01 AM
If you don't NEED the money from you tools for schooling or otherwise, put the money you made form the sale of the tools into a "future tool account", earning interest. Some day, WHEN, you rebuild your shop, you'll have a head start on being able to afford the rebuild. Not to mention, the reason a lot of folks don't/can't put a shop together is because of money restrictions. At least this way, having that money sitting in the bank will always nag you to PUT one together, as opposed to having reasons NOT to put one together. Good luck with your future endeavor.

Robert gree
07-09-2010, 8:24 PM
Using the cash to pay for my act test. Pay off my truck (only 600 left) and the rest to tuition. Hoping the prices im asking is fair and some one can scoop them up.

Ill be back in woodworking for sure when the time comes:)

Paul McGaha
07-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Robert,

Hang in there.

I hope your studies and career change goes well.

You'll be back, and stronger. Cant keep a good man down.

PHM

Michael Simpson Virgina
07-10-2010, 6:17 AM
I have been in and out of wood working several times. Many times I sold about 80% of what I had collected.

During all that I kept certain tools. For instance probably my oldest tool is my 25Gal cast Iron CH air compressor. Its at least 20 years old and works as good as the day I purchased it. You cant say that for alot of tools these days.

I told my wife that when I die I want my air compressor to be buried with me. Well that and all my Festools.