PDA

View Full Version : Pen for a wedding

Matt Ranum
07-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Well what do ya know, I made a gift and for once I'm actually done early for a change.:p

Some close friends have a daughter getting married later this month and I wanted to make something special for them. Since my fixation is on pens lately thats what we chose to do. The kit is a Cambridge hybrid, sterling silver and gold TI. The PR blanks came from Exotic Blanks and is very pretty in person. There is a lot of ribbons of pearl running through it that the camera didn't pick up very well. The box and engraving was done through Kallenshaan Woods in Vegas.

I think they are gonna like it. :D

Just wish I would have wiped off the finger prints before I took the pics, and now the batteries are dead in the camera so maybe another day I'll try for some better shots with better lighting.

David E Keller
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
That looks great. I'm sure they'll be very happy with the finished product.

Tom Sherman
07-06-2010, 10:30 PM
That is one very nice Pen and Box, I'm sure your friends will be pleased.

Michael James
07-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I got money, marbles or chalk that says, "when the wrapping paper gets tossed and the honeymoon's over, that pen is going in the lil mrs. purse"!
Community property state: What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine.
Im sure there are legally versed experts onboard, but that the gist, methinks!:o

Bernie Weishapl
07-06-2010, 11:34 PM
That pen and box is a beauty. They are going to love it.

Matt Ranum
07-07-2010, 4:31 PM
I got money, marbles or chalk that says, "when the wrapping paper gets tossed and the honeymoon's over, that pen is going in the lil mrs. purse"!
Community property state: What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine.
Im sure there are legally versed experts onboard, but that the gist, methinks!:o

You could be right but I doubt it. I have a hunch it will be on display in their living room/fireplace mantle. ;)

Michael James
07-07-2010, 8:18 PM
You could be right but I doubt it. I have a hunch it will be on display in their living room/fireplace mantle. ;)

Matt, just goofin, and Im sure Im wrong.. but I know around here it would sit on the mantle until a bic wasnt handy in the middle of a note taking call.... then, the "I like this pen! (ergo, mine), so just close the case and it will look fine." But, it's a small price to pay for a partner who will let a man be who he is, and do what he loves. Also, I've been told (I never read the fine print) that when I said "I do", that was a carte blanche agreement to be the less spoiled of the pair! ;)

May they have a long, prosperous and joyful run.
mj

Dee Gallo
07-07-2010, 8:32 PM
Matt,

I'm not a turner, but when I see a post about pens I have to peek. You turner guys do some amazing work. Your pen and case are beautiful, very elegant! I'm sure they love it, I wonder who gets final custody...

Thanks for posting, dee