PDA

View Full Version : G0568 24" Bandsaw

Matt Brawley
07-06-2010, 9:43 PM
I am looking to make this my next big tool purchase, and wanted to know if anyone out there has this saw and what they think of it. From everything I have read about this saw, it equals the quality of their other bandsaws. I am really wanting to turn this into my primary resaw machine especially with the high blade speed.

Van Huskey
07-06-2010, 9:53 PM
If I was looking for a large resaw BS (which I am) I would suggest you take a hard look at the Laguna, Minimax and especially the Agazzani, they are more money and the G0568 is on sale currently but there is a reason people like Maloof (RIP) and Duginski (author of The Bandsaw Handbook) chose Agazzani. I have seen the Grizzly and it appears to be a fine machine but without going to a horizontal resaw machine I think a Agazzani B-24 with Laguna guides, a Driftmaster fence, a ResawKing blade and a power feeder is going to be practically impossible to beat. The Italians just know how to make bandsaws.

If you don't need a ton of resaw height or a table that tilts past 20* the new Felder at the into price is also a really nice saw.

dirk martin
07-07-2010, 1:24 AM
I own that Grizzly.
And, I own a Minimax MM24.
Both work excellent for me.
Save some big money, and buy the Griz.

Rod Sheridan
07-08-2010, 8:55 PM
If you don't need a ton of resaw height or a table that tilts past 20* the new Felder at the into price is also a really nice saw.

Hi Van, I was at Felder today and the bandsaws do indeed tilt to 45 degrees.

The Felder salesman has no idea why the website says 20 degrees, however he's going to talk to Austria and ask.

Regards, Rod.

Andrew Joiner
07-08-2010, 9:15 PM
I have the G0531 21" 5 HP Bandsaw with foot brake. The 24" saw frame is made from thicker steel and I was about to order it. Then the last of G0531's went on sale for about half the price of the 24".

My main concern was frame rigidity, but the 21" saw has no detectable flex with the upper guide bar fully dropped. That's way more rigid than the Jet and Steel City 18" saws I tested at my local retailer. They flexed a lot with a little hand force.

The 21" is a great saw and looks like it's a close cousin to the 24".