PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Laser Door Window

Bill Hoss
07-06-2010, 7:03 PM
The acrylic window on the lid of my Universal laser is no longer as clear as it could be. Is there anything magic about the type acrylic I should use? I've reached to point where I'm tired of trying to polish out all the scratches.

Thanks

Mike Mackenzie
07-06-2010, 7:16 PM
Bill,

Those top windows are polycarb if you want you can take that window out and bring it to a plastics house someone who fabricates and or sells sheet plastics and have them make you a new one.

Mike Null
07-06-2010, 9:24 PM
Hey Bill

welcome to the forum. Hope all is going well in your end of St. Louis.

Bill Jermyn
07-07-2010, 6:56 AM
If it's surface scratching, maybe Brasso or Silvo would help?

Bill Hoss
07-07-2010, 8:02 AM
Thanks for the information on the type of material in need.

Unfortunately the surface is suffering from more than the usual ware and tear as it often is the only flat surface that isn't covered with models under construction and as a result it gets used for some assembly too. I think the only way I can break myself using it this way is to get a new piece of material... and maybe figuring out a way to get more work space.

Bill

Dan Ashlin
07-07-2010, 9:59 AM
Thanks for the information on the type of material in need.

Unfortunately the surface is suffering from more than the usual ware and tear as it often is the only flat surface that isn't covered with models under construction and as a result it gets used for some assembly too. I think the only way I can break myself using it this way is to get a new piece of material... and maybe figuring out a way to get more work space.

Bill

Sometimes, you just need the space. Our speedy tends to be a taping station when we do a big sublimation job. Counter space is counter space.

Tony Davison
07-07-2010, 1:19 PM
I keep an old blanket and a thin plywood board so I don't scratch my Universal when using it as a "workbench":D