PDA

View Full Version : AliExpress?

Linda Smith Alabama
07-06-2010, 6:41 PM
I need to order mirrors and lens and there are some good prices through . Has anyone ordered through them and care to share your experience? They have an escrow buyer protection plan so the supplier doesn't get paid until you receive your order, that sounds good to me.

greg lindsey
07-06-2010, 7:46 PM
Linda, I dont know of these people, but I order mine through www.laserresearch.net (http://www.laserresearch.net) they are here in the states and a member here I believe.

John Noell
07-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I too have used Laser Research. I've been tempted to try some cheapos off eBay but $110 did not seem unreasonable.

Linda Smith Alabama
07-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks! I found some posts online that warn of scammers at AliExpress, and one of the bad experiences was with the specific seller I was looking at. :eek:

Linda Smith Alabama
07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I contacted Laser Research, unfortunately they don't stock optics for Chinese-made lasers.

John Noell
07-07-2010, 3:04 PM
Is yours a non-standard diameter? Otherwise I would think it easy enough to match focal length. Just because they do not list your laser, only the major manufacturers, does not mean their lenses would not be a good match. Most of the lenses I have seen are pretty standard ZnSe ones.

Linda Smith Alabama
07-07-2010, 3:23 PM
I think they are standard for Chinese lasers. My mirrors are 25mm and lens is 20mm with 2" focal length. Laser Research told me they don't stock optics for any Chinese lasers. I have a gaas lens now but will probably replace it with znse.