PDA

View Full Version : Kiln drying service around Indianapolis

whit richardson
07-06-2010, 2:06 PM
I am checking for anyone who knows or has a Kiln drying service around or near Indianapolis. Near meaning up to 1 hr+ away. I have about 250 bft of some wood that needs to be dried. If you know of someone or can do small amounts please contact me.

thanks

Whit

Mike Wayne
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
There is a great place over near Brookville, but you should have much better luck checking with the guys at Wood Mizer. I'm sure that several of their customers also operate kilns.

Dave Lehnert
07-07-2010, 2:57 PM
There is a great place over near Brookville, but you should have much better luck checking with the guys at Wood Mizer. I'm sure that several of their customers also operate kilns.

Woodmizer is located in Indianapolis so I am sure they can help.

Daniel Smith
07-07-2010, 4:29 PM
You could check with the Forestry Department at Purdue. They have a wood products research lab and do a fair amount of outreach/extension work. They might not have a kiln, but should know who does.

whit richardson
07-07-2010, 5:40 PM
thanks guys. I have a few lumber mills to call that I found through woodweb too.

Ron Jones near Indy
07-07-2010, 6:49 PM
Northwest Lumber might be able to recommend one. You could always call Rockler and Woodcraft--maybe they could help.