PDA

View Full Version : US General Tool Chests?

richard poitras
07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has purchased or your thoughts on the US General Tool Chests that Harbor Freight sells. If you have one how is it holding up under regular conditions and would you buy it again? From what I can see they don’t seem too bad as far as quality for the price. I know a lot of HF stuff is lower quality and is what it is but they do have a few diamonds in the ruff. For all you owners out there please give your thoughts…..Pros… Cons….

Thanks Richard

Ed Hazel
07-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I have the 41 inch bottom cabinet and a side cabinet, I have had them for a couple of years no complaints. For the price they are great.

Derrell W Sloan
07-05-2010, 11:40 PM
I have had the 41inch top chest and bottom cabinet for over a year now. I love them! I don't think you'll find a better deal on something new, at least couldn't. I would buy them again without hesitation.

richard poitras
07-06-2010, 8:22 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I posted on another forum and someone sent me to a mechanics site and they all talked very highly of the HF tool box as well. So I guess it’s a good buy for the price.

Thanks Richard

Dave Lehnert
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
If buying one be sure to find a 20% off coupon. 20% off of that tool box is huge savings.

Bill Spievak
07-07-2010, 2:54 PM
I wouldn't buy one for use in a pro shop where the drawers are getting continual use, but for home use they are fine.