PDA

View Full Version : Clearvue ceiling clearance?

Dave Norris
07-05-2010, 9:23 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know how far from the ceiling a Clearvue cyclone should be mounted? In the instructions, it shows the motor very close to the ceiling. I just wanted to check to see if the motor would need more ventilation than a couple inches?

Thanks
Dave

Chuck Saunders
07-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi Dave,
The motor only needs a couple of inches clearance. You do need to consider how to avoid the warm air stagnating up at the motors elevation.

Paul Wunder
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I had the same question of Ed Morgano because my basement was height challenged and I had to mount the motor between the ceiling joists. He said that as long as I leave 1/2" clearance I would be OK because the motor is vented on the sides.

Jim O'Dell
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
If in doubt, you could always mount a muffin fan to blow on the motor. I've investigated doing it. Seems like I even remember seeing a 5" one that is 220 volt. Might be wrong though. Jim.

Paul Wunder
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
+ 1 on Jim's advice. Always solid. I will be adding a fan when I enclose the cyclone in a closet. Not sure if it is a belt and suspenders kind of thing.

Paul

Dave Norris
07-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Thanks Guys,
Kind of what I thought. I'll have a ceiling fan moving some air around eventually, but for the time being I think I might put a small fan blowing toward that corner.

Thanks again.