PDA

View Full Version : Another NE (naked edge) bowl

Josh Bowman
07-05-2010, 5:50 PM
Well I managed not to break another one. This is weird! I'm now driving down the road looking for "fire wood" and fallen trees!
This is another from my friends burn pile. I think its maple. Some are with flash some or without.
Critiques welcome.

Steve Schlumpf
07-05-2010, 6:48 PM
Josh - congrats on getting the hang of this bowl turning thing! Another good looking NE!

Only suggestion I can make is to start working on creating a continuous curve from the lip of the bowl to the foot. If you look at the photos of your NE - you will note that the sides are fairly straight. What I am suggesting is to turn that into a nice curve on your next bowl and see how you like it. Personally, I find them easier to turn and just a little more pleasing to the eye!

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing what you turn next!

Allen Neighbors
07-05-2010, 7:36 PM
Good suggestion, Steve. But it's still a nice bowl, Josh! You're gettin' the hang of it!! You're also going to get spider bit, if you're not careful, running around all these firewood piles. :D

David E Keller
07-05-2010, 8:22 PM
Nice work. Looking forward to your next.

George Morris
07-05-2010, 8:31 PM
Josh very nice work! G

John Keeton
07-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Josh, practice makes perfect! Looks like you have the tool control, and now comes working on the form. It will all come together before you know it.

Bernie Weishapl
07-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Josh good looking bowl. Looks like you got it down. No onto the form.

John Hart
07-06-2010, 6:30 AM
....You're also going to get spider bit, if you're not careful, running around all these firewood piles. :D

I can attest to that! :D:)

Funny you should post this at the same time as my spider thread Allen. Figure the odds of that!!:eek: