PDA

View Full Version : Can't see laser on chop saw

William Desrochers
07-05-2010, 4:10 PM
Hi all,
I can't see the laser line on the wood on my chop saw? If I put my finger up close to the eye of the laser, I see it on my finger tip. But just don't see it on the piece. Daylight, low light...???

Myk Rian
07-05-2010, 7:21 PM
Have you changed the batteries?

William Desrochers
07-05-2010, 8:05 PM
It's got fresh brand new batteries.... Do I need any special red glasses?

Jim Terrill
07-05-2010, 8:39 PM
It's got fresh brand new batteries.... Do I need any special red glasses?

No, but is there any chance that it somehow got adjusted way in, to the point that is is just lighting the center of the blade? It should be plainly visible to the naked eye, although it can be harder in bright sunlight.

Keith Westfall
07-06-2010, 1:54 AM
Is the light lens clean?

Jay Jolliffe
07-06-2010, 5:41 AM
That happened with mine on my Makita scs, I cleaned the lens and it worked fine.

William Desrochers
07-06-2010, 8:40 AM
I'll have to check things more closely. I've only had it for a few weeks now, I haven't been able to ever see it....

William Desrochers
07-22-2010, 9:15 AM
Finally got the laser tuned to work inside my workshop. Still can't see it if it's outside or too many lights on.

george wilson
07-22-2010, 9:16 AM
I never use lasers. Just don't find them accurate enough.

Scott T Smith
07-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I have seen some inexpensive lasers (not on WW tools) that dim with age.

Paul McGaha
07-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I have a laser on my Hatachi SCMS. it dosent work that good. It's only visable when the saw is off. It can be adjusted to show the edge of the blade on the right side or the center of the blade. It wont adjust enough to show the left side of the blade which is kind of how I think and how my miter tables are set up (Scrap to the Right).

I Like the idea of a laser but mine isnt that good. I like the Hatachi saw well enough just not the laser.

Maybe Porter Cable / Delta had a better idea with their twin laser (Shows each side of the Blade). Plus I think their laser is visable when the saw is running.

PHM