PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
04-04-2003, 5:37 PM
Hey all,

What's cookin' this weekend? Sorry so late in getting this posted. I've been in the field most of this week actually doing physical labor. Scary, huh?

SWMBO is hosting a baby shower for my daughter-in-law Saturday so no telling what I will get roped into for preparation. I am sure I will try to escape before it starts. :rolleyes:

I do have some finishing to complete on some unfinished furniture of my neighbor's. She gave me her old Craftsman scroll saw and combo sander, so I feel it's the least I can do.

Have a good weekend all,
Bob

Steve Clardy
04-04-2003, 5:47 PM
last weekend. Remounting those 6' bars for the fence on my table saw. The fence will not stay square to the blade. This newer type fence has two bolts on top of the fence head that lets the fence move whenever it wants to. I removed the bolts and noticed that it is made for counter sunk screws, not the allen head bolts that came with it. But if I put in the counter sunk screws, that will eliminate the adjustment there. So-------- what to do? I have been fighting it all week. May put the old fence back on for a while. My weekend is shot already. Steve:rolleyes:

John Miliunas
04-04-2003, 6:08 PM
Got home from work and LOML informs me the realtor called and is showing our shack this Sunday. Clean my shop, outer shop (lathe area), my computer room and tidy up the garage a bit. :( Then we have to vacate before the showing so the bulk of the weekend is shot! Grrrrrrr..... On the bright side, if it's a positive showing, that means I'm a step closer to my NEW shop! :D Have a great weekend everyone and be safe! :cool:

Dr. Zack Jennings
04-04-2003, 6:18 PM
More Storage Bobby and I are working again after a weekend off to judge the Arkansas State BBQ Championship. We will start a new cabinet to match the one we have completed. I plan to wax the first one and hang the doors. It will be finished.
We also have to shim (2) 50' Purlins on the other side of the roof. Hopefully, that will stop any leaks in the future. We have other odd jobs and clean up projects to do.
<center>Turkey Huntin' Sunday Morning
Photos will be posted if the Turkeys co-operate.

Tom Sweeney
04-04-2003, 6:22 PM
I have to leave in about an hour to go to my Church. We're having an overnight "retreat" for the Appalachian Service Project mission. We go down to Appalachia every summer & work on fixing up homes for nice people ( A nice change from fixin up my rentals for mean tennants ;) ) .

We have several team building things to do tonight then tomorrow we go to the local city and work on some houses for a local good works ministry program. Sort of a practice run for the summer. I tried to talk everyone into coming to my house & putting a new roof on my garage - but they didn't buy it :D

It's gonna be cold and rainy so I'll probably be too sore (really bad weather for my bad joints) to do anything on Sunday. If not I'll go out to the shop & play around some.

Good luck with the house showing John.

Everybody have a great weekend. :)

Mark Mandell
04-04-2003, 6:34 PM
for rock; the long thin wide kind as in granite counter tops for the new kitchen The Boss wants.

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be somewhat painfull even if I manage not to drop something on my foot?

Ken Wright
04-04-2003, 7:35 PM
I will be able to get into the shop for the first time since LOML's cancer diagnosis on 3/5 .... just maybe because we've had so much rain that we have absolute hoards of mosquitoes even during the day ... if Saddam had my mosquitoes .... he'd stand a fighting chance against the BlackHawks .....

Good luck with the house John .... and MARK ... that granite will crush your wallet flatter than it will crush your foot!!!!! Good Luck ....

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-04-2003, 8:44 PM
First on the list, taking down the Dead Magnolia Tree Saturday, Gary is stopping by to get the larger wood for turning projects......sure am glad that someone can use the wood, makes me and LOML feel some better about losing the tree. Then need to get busy finishing 3 Slot Car Boxes for a customer in Las Vegas. Hope to find time to play with the new planer..........unpacked it after work, checked it out a little, fired it up to make sure it ran, and that was as far as I got with it. Will have more time Sunday to run some lumber thru it and make some chips. Then, hopefully, I can get started with the new Computer Desk plans............before SWMBO puts Her foot down.................or UP! (I hate when she puts her Foot "UP"!) :p

Jim Baker
04-04-2003, 9:58 PM
LOML says we are going to spend the weekend cleaning.
There is about a year's accumulation of left overs from our remodel in the shed that need to be taken care of so HWGHAFM (son) can find his basketball goal again. She also says we have lawn work to do.

I should be able to get in enough shop time to get the final coat of Polycrylic on a set of cabinet doors and possibly begin SWMBOette's desk project.

Kevin, does the sale of three more slot car boxes mean you can make another choice from the tool wish list you posted a few weeks ago?

jack duren
04-04-2003, 10:03 PM
runnin behind on the rec bar. guess ill play catch up. was going to spray the doors and drawers so i could istall them on sunday. but the weather has went pretty chilly here in kansas city. not sure the temperature but if its not 50 degrees or above i wont spray.

couldnt get to my hardware supplier to get my hinges this week either. doors will have ta wait.

guess ill have to work on the counter top this weekend to make up for lost time....jack

keith zimmerman
04-04-2003, 10:31 PM
I'm going to try to get some logs and bowl blanks cut and sealed. Might even have time to install the last bit of insulation in the rakes of the shed roof.

Charles McKinley
04-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Saturday my 4 mo. old daughter is being baptisted. Inlaws, outlaws, and food to follow. Sunday LOML has approved The purchase of an 18" Jet band saw and a canister dust collector. Woodworkers Warehouse is offering 10% discount and 3 months same as cash for applying for a credit card + $100 back from Jet. Gloat will be posted soon.
:D

Scott Greaves
04-04-2003, 11:47 PM
The shop is finally getting siding this weekend! It spent the Winter naked, except for housewrap. They started today and are close to half done already. It looks great! They'll finish up tomorrow. I'll take pictures.

I also plan to make good progress on the remaining electrical circuits tomorrow. But on Sunday we're going to take a short trip to see how much snow is still in the mountains. If it's down enough we might be able to open up the cabin in a few weeks!

Have Fun!

Scott.

Mike Evertsen
04-05-2003, 1:09 AM
saturday morning we have some errands to do,,,,after that maybe I'll drag Bob to the basement so we can get that cleaned up,,,,, then I'll be in the shop trying to finished the two jewelry boxes done that should have been done last month,,,I know monday will come sooner than friday did,,,,

Kevin Gerstenecker
04-05-2003, 7:18 AM
You are correct! The sale of the 3 Slot Car Boxes has brought about the purchase of a new Planer, .03 Micron Dust Bags for my DC Unit, and another Brad Nailer...........as if I need another! ;)
My wife is very good when it comes to tools. Although I don't always use my Slot Box money for tools, it is a nice way to finance new purchases. It kinda gives me something to work toward when orders for Slot Car Boxes arrive. I have all the big ticket items I want, so now it is on to adding to the clamp collection, and hardwood lumber for upcoming projects.........if I ever get caught up with Boxes!

Phil Phelps
04-05-2003, 7:55 AM
...gotta' finish paintin' this stinkin' project before it rains and spoils my golf :mad: Then I start another home improvement event.