PDA

View Full Version : Bucket of Junk Gloat

John McClanahan
07-03-2010, 11:43 PM
While visiting my in-laws in Toledo this past week, I slipped away to a nearby auction. I got this bucket of junk for $5. The Stanley brace has almost no rust, but it does have a broken chuck jaw. The rusty brace is in good working condition despite its looks. The very rusty bit is a screw driver bit that cleaned up with little effort. The real prize is that Stanley Bailey No.7 plane. I don't think its as bad as it looks. Should clean up nicely. :D

John

Darnell Hagen
07-03-2010, 11:50 PM
You suck.

Also, interesting two way saw. I've seen full size Disstons like that, but never one so skinny. Has it been sharpened down that far or is it supposed to be that narrow?

harry strasil
07-04-2010, 8:52 AM
Its what's known as a Pruning saw. Coarse teeth for the larger limbs, and finer teeth for the small ones.

George Sanders
07-04-2010, 8:56 AM
Five bucks and there was a number seven in there? You really suck. :p Clean it up and enjoy it.

harry strasil
07-04-2010, 9:00 AM
The Bow Saw to the far right is a real handy saw, it originally came with 3 blades, the coarse one shown for green wood, a second one with about 8ppi crosscut for dry wood, and a hacksaw blade for metal. I use mine all the time, its much more usefull than the other one that has the frame at a narrow taper at the front.

Michael Short
07-04-2010, 9:03 AM
I have to aggree with George, you suck :). My number 7 cost me $55 and now that is not 2-$5 buckets... Great find John. Enjoy.

Jim Koepke
07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Luck or suck, it is was a steal.

jim

Will Boulware
07-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Congrats. You suck, though. :D Post pics when you clean them up!